Thinking of building a camper Q's

awww.sandiatrailer.com_custom_work_Logan_20Toy_20Hauler_20LQ_Toy_20Hauler_20003.jpg

<shrug>

If all you're going to be hauling is a 4400 car, get a regular enclosed. More useable space and easier to sell when the time comes. So long as one end is narrower than 81-82", you can fit between the wheel tubs in a 30-40ft enclosed. If you go for 44ft or longer (which that one looks to be), the rig will be behind the wheel tubs and should go 94-96" wide pretty easily. You can go over the tubs too, depending on headroom.

The nice thing about the one in the photos is the nose is tapered, so you should be able to tow it with a shortbed truck. But ... I'm betting the rear tires on that Ford are seriously overloaded.

I'd pimp the shit outta that! Might be a little more than I want to spend though lol. can't even imagine the tongue weight on that thing!

Heres a pic of a sleeper on a car trailer. Would look slicker on a goose.

ai244.photobucket.com_albums_gg25_Sawzall_Dually_20Project_DCP_3489.jpg

Sent via telegraph
Thats a cool setup. I could handle something like that. Even better would be a double sleeper. I was going to say earlier that it would have to be a sleeper with a flat roof for sure. The ones with the wing or sky lights built in are backwards for what I need.

My biggest thing is that it needs to be removable. I do a bit of hauling for customers to deliver and pickup rigs and I really don't want to drag the camper for that.

Heres a pic of a sleeper on a car trailer. Would look slicker on a goose.

ai244.photobucket.com_albums_gg25_Sawzall_Dually_20Project_DCP_3489.jpg

Sent via telegraph
I've got a sleeper out in the field just like that one. Had it a couple years and just havent had time to do it up. Now I'm building another Jeep but when it's done I'll have to do it. Ben do you know who's rig this is? I'd like to know the length of the trailer because that's exactly what my setup is going to look like.

I am still liking my S250 conversion. Takes about ten minutes total to winch it from 1 trailer to the other and strap it down. It usually sits across the front of my flatbed (22', room for CJ or 715 behind).

http://www.sanlee.com/jeep/S250camper/default.htm

tnttt.com forum has a subboard for cargo trailer conversions. Lots of ideas there.

For my next. Instead of the weight and hassle of a black tank i am thinking if a composting toilet built in.

DP

If you need insulated panels, go here: http://www.metlspan.com/

We use them @ Kellogg all the time and they work great and with the right supports, can handle plenty of wind and weather. They even have archtectural panels to make it look pretty, if thats your thing...

They are made to make a room out of and have wall and roof panels that work together, This could work well for a custom application to fit your needs.

I just bought a 24' enclosed gooseneck trailer. My goal was a short trailer to be able to handle mountain switch backs better and still have enough room to set up some beds. It's not plush, but it will do the job and I expect final cost to be less than $5000

Back