The proud parent thread.

After 20 years of football...I’ve always said I’d make sure my kids were good at chess or golf instead. Made it 11 holes until a nap time time out. Actually shot a 13 by herself the last 3 holes...probably woulda been better had her caddy not been shit.

83F4F7D6-2F3A-42AA-BDFC-560EB801D2ED.jpeg
BC7BEDFC-76FA-4227-BE72-7E4E2695836E.jpeg
4CDF855D-6F97-42B4-AB71-547425AAFF2A.jpeg
05FC7038-D953-4F52-BE31-81B349836E03.jpeg

My mini me got on a real firearm for the first time today. His very own Henry 22 youth bolt gun. Out of 10 rounds he hit the steel at 25 yrds twice.

IMG_20190706_120425.jpg
IMG_20190706_115305.jpg

And he watched the big kids run the plate rack for time and helped by resetting it like a boss.

00022IMG_00022_BURST20190706134624_COVER.jpg

Afterwards we did a little fishing.

IMG_20190706_145648.jpg

Can't wait to finish the Blue Truck and hit the trails...

Bragging on my boys again. I just moved my older son's team to a more competitive baseball org and he held his own in tryouts. He already made the team because I'm head coach, but was happy to see him right there skill wise with kids that have been in the organization for years.

Also brag on my younger son and a bunch of my other kids on my 8U team that finished up 9th overall in the state and first in the state in one of the organizations they play in. Won 7 out of 10 tournaments and ended up winning 15 of our last 16 games. The tournaments we lost were close games to other top 10 state teams.

Bragging on my boys again. I just moved my older son's team to a more competitive baseball org and he held his own in tryouts. He already made the team because I'm head coach, but was happy to see him right there skill wise with kids that have been in the organization for years.

Also brag on my younger son and a bunch of my other kids on my 8U team that finished up 9th overall in the state and first in the state in one of the organizations they play in. Won 7 out of 10 tournaments and ended up winning 15 of our last 16 games. The tournaments we lost were close games to other top 10 state teams.

Correction, final season ranking came out and we are 8th overall in the state!

Munchkin is sitting up all on his own and scooting around. Hes also eating purees and oatmeal.

20190905_201615.jpg

a1a33943739c3ab9ed6d79f192bcc343.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

BBBF607A-7F14-430D-BCED-83597E3400A0.jpeg
He is climbing door jams now. When he reaches the top he holds for a minute and then drops. I used to do pull ups off door jams when I climbed a bunch.

He’s 5 and I can’t stop him. I try to tell him not to climb the doors but secretly I’m happy that he’s happy. #dadlife

View attachment 302314 He is climbing door jams now. When he reaches the top he holds for a minute and then drops. I used to do pull ups off door jams when I climbed a bunch.

He’s 5 and I can’t stop him. I try to tell him not to climb the doors but secretly I’m happy that he’s happy. #dadlife

I think you’re raising a superhero. I find that to be impressive regardless of age.

Our 8-yo said to me this morning that she was pretty sure climbing the door jambs meant she had a good childhood. :lol:

I'm not sure which was funnier, that or the fact that she said it like it was past tense.

I think you’re raising a superhero. I find that to be impressive regardless of age.
As a fellow fat boy I agree.
It's funny I've had these conversations with friends...certain things I've always been able to do. Like lift and carry heavy things that some of my friends are amazed at...But swing across monkey bars, do pull ups more than 1 at a time, any kind of American ninja warrior swing shit...youd sooner ask me to fly

As a fellow fat boy I agree.
It's funny I've had these conversations with friends...certain things I've always been able to do. Like lift and carry heavy things that some of my friends are amazed at...But swing across monkey bars, do pull ups more than 1 at a time, any kind of American ninja warrior swing shit...youd sooner ask me to fly

One of the most amazing feats I ever saw through high school was a dude grab a door jamb and ‘levitate’ his body to perpendicular with that door jamb. When I got home and relayed this story in amazement, of course my jerk younger (significantly smaller) brothers, hopped up and did it themselves...it was at that moment I realized I was a fat ass and there were things normal sized humans could do that I couldn’t. For a while, figured I’d show them and just get my strength up and be even more amazing...but apparently something I’ll never have the satisfaction of doing.

One of the most amazing feats I ever saw through high school was a dude grab a door jamb and ‘levitate’ his body to perpendicular with that door jamb. When I got home and relayed this story in amazement, of course my jerk younger (significantly smaller) brothers, hopped up and did it themselves...it was at that moment I realized I was a fat ass and there were things normal sized humans could do that I couldn’t. For a while, figured I’d show them and just get my strength up and be even more amazing...but apparently something I’ll never have the satisfaction of doing.
ahhh, the flagpole.. not too difficult if you realize the trick is to put the load on your lower arm that's locked in on the post/frame/whatever. Of course, this is coming from a "normal" size guy (5'10/150)

My wife and I are super excited to announce that in 6 months we will have a little bundle of joy of our own.
6CADE536-2653-44D6-A944-4A2C9A35A900.jpeg

62052C0D-2FA9-48D2-BD5F-C5734C7DCB8C.jpeg

Taking my son (2.5yrs) to daycare this morning he asks me for the millionth time why my passenger side mirror is broken/cracked. I explained to him for the millionth time that I hit a mailbox in my culdisac with it while parking when I was in college and never fixed it. He then asks where college was. I told him that me and mom went to college in Raleigh. He then told me that he went to college too. I laughed and said "no buddy, you haven't been to college yet" He starts hysterically crying and telling me over and over that he has been to college! Wft? Kids are weird

Taking my son (2.5yrs) to daycare this morning he asks me for the millionth time why my passenger side mirror is broken/cracked. I explained to him for the millionth time that I hit a mailbox in my culdisac with it while parking when I was in college and never fixed it. He then asks where college was. I told him that me and mom went to college in Raleigh. He then told me that he went to college too. I laughed and said "no buddy, you haven't been to college yet" He starts hysterically crying and telling me over and over that he has been to college! Wft? Kids are weird
Did you take him there for a visit once?
If you're talking about State... yeah I'd be crying too :D

Did you take him there for a visit once?
If you're talking about State... yeah I'd be crying too :D
I went there for a year. It was so bad I decided to leave.

This is my 12 year old training to whip his old man’s butt. Won’t be long, he’s already 5’8” and 168 pounds.

The Mountain Top Gym

My little girl turned 16 months old yesterday! She is really coming into her own and really has a great personality and loves babies and dogs. Goes crazy anytime she sees either of them. Mom and I went last weekend to get her first baby doll. Her and "Baaaaabbyy" are inseparable!
Sometimes, Its hard for me to believe that I am a Dad. It doesn't feel real sometimes. It's amazing that a chitty day can be completely turned around as soon as you see your child. I'd post on here everyday but I know that would get old real quick, but I am always damn proud of my little girl in every little thing she does.

Attachments

• Baaaabbbyy.jpg
    Baaaabbbyy.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 165
Last edited:
Back