The proud parent thread.

I've tried to be cool and collected but im failing miserably

Just got to bottlefeed our son for the first time. Up to this point he has exclusively breast fed. I guess it really is the little things in life that make us happy.

3895d686393dd63e9a53483e1d9d159f.jpg

Last edited:
My kid finally pooped in the pot for a whole week. My wife is glad to not be shaking turds out of his underwear. 2.5yrs old. It's been a battle. He told me last week that everyone pooped in their underwear. I couldn't convince him, then, that people actually pooped in the commode.

Update: Pooping in the pot is going well. Been a whole week now of successful deposits. Last night when he was on the throne he looked at me and this exchange went down. "Hey daddy" "yes sir?" "It's coming out" "thanks bud, I guess I needed to know that?"

My son was a play by play pooper as well. It got to the point it was the norm.

Update: Pooping in the pot is going well. Been a whole week now of successful deposits. Last night when he was on the throne he looked at me and this exchange went down. "Hey daddy" "yes sir?" "It's coming out" "thanks bud, I guess I needed to know that?"
I often do this to the wife just to piss her off.

My kid finally pooped in the pot for a whole week. My wife is glad to not be shaking turds out of his underwear. 2.5yrs old. It's been a battle. He told me last week that everyone pooped in their underwear. I couldn't convince him, then, that people actually pooped in the commode.

2 1/2 is awesome. I can't wait for this day....Our little girl is 3 and we're still throwing out Minnie Mouse underwear every week or so.

I'm gonna assume that's the difference between boys and girls. Last night I put my girl on the toilet...usually turn my head for some privacy...got hit with 'DADDY...POOOOOOOP...OUT'. Ok, so I get out of the toilet room and stand by the tub, 'DADDY...CLOSE DOOR'. Walk into the bedroom and the wife tells me she's been doing that for a couple days now. Shortly after I get 'DADDY...WIPE'...I was glad when I walked in, she still gave me a high 5 and knuckles for a job well done.

I've found that until they are old/mature enough to tell you they need to go beforehand, is a waste of time, energy, and cute little undies to force it. They'll figure it out. Night time potty training is also completely different than daytime. This is after 1 girl and 2 boys.

Super proud of my son Corbin. He was the sound technician for his school musical. He did all the lights,music etc. and he rocked it.
75589ab1847db9e083271b03a4d154eb.jpg
500219934d871a4a9348e9d5d6d2c32e.jpg

20190523_200455.jpg

That's definitely a feat, having just come home from our second-grader's school musical! They all did a great job but I'll admit I'm in biased awe at my baby getting up there to sing, dance, and play a role.

And then I get home and find out my daughter Alyssa got an award for being a top athlete.

She also got records for her school in:
push ups
sit ups
Speed jump rope
Pullups
3a64532054f6c33294c5a961dd3af7d6.jpg

David did great fishing and swinging today.

43b69b7b891e8129a2139f9c1c448194.jpg
2856e906fc7db23b244fc4e51d94f405.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

2 1/2 is awesome. I can't wait for this day....Our little girl is 3 and we're still throwing out Minnie Mouse underwear every week or so.

Fast forward two and a half weeks, and we probably haven't had an accident in two weeks. Somehow the switch got flipped and we went from a nightly tear filled struggle with no results, to her dropping dueces multiple times a day without us even asking if she needs to potty.

I partially credit this weird book that has somehow made its way in the top 5 requested bedtime stories we read.

IMG_0155.JPG

Tomorrow morning my boy walks across the stage as a high school graduate.
I dont understand how this is possible.

I'm proud of him and the man he has become. I wish I had more memories...it went so fast.

I picked a fine year to stop drinking...I need a drink

My little boy is starting kindergarten next week. He just read his own fortune cookie word for word.....he may be above grade level already.

View attachment 274744

Well my little boy finished kindergarten today. Since Christmas, he has turned off his lego alarm and dressed himself pretty much every day. I quoted my other post because he also got recognized as the top reader in his class. He enjoyed his first year and I hope he enjoys the next 12 as well!

Rough day at gymnastics today, smacked her mouth/nose and bled all over...and split the beam and fell on her girl parts and to the ground. Been working on ‘are you hurt or are you injured’. Both times popped up ‘jis hurt, not insherred daddy’. I heard sugar helps heal battle wounds...so we made a stop on the way home.

B3BC7152-1726-4535-9B03-16224B207C9A.jpeg

So I tried to get my first kid to drive the Power Wheels Mustang "she bought". She drove it like three times tops and never wanted anything to do with it again. Fast forward five years....

My little boy has attempted to drive the Mustang a couple of times. Most attempts included a stabby throttle and multiple looks towards me for confirmation. Never did he drive it by himself... until today!!

He talked about it as we were driving home so I pulled it out of the garage fully expecting another minor attempt at "driving" and me having to put it up after 5 minutes. However, after 15 minutes with a little coaching he took off. He's even learning to get himself unstuck.

IMG_20190616_140628.jpg

IMG_20190616_143127.jpg

IMG_20190616_145848.jpg

Edit: it's been 30 minutes and he's still going!!

So I tried to get my first kid to drive the Power Wheels Mustang "she bought". She drove it like three times tops and never wanted anything to do with it again. Fast forward five years....

My little boy has attempted to drive the Mustang a couple of times. Most attempts included a stabby throttle and multiple looks towards me for confirmation. Never did he drive it by himself... until today!!

He talked about it as we were driving home so I pulled it out of the garage fully expecting another minor attempt at "driving" and me having to put it up after 5 minutes. However, after 15 minutes with a little coaching he took off. He's even learning to get himself unstuck.

View attachment 296005

View attachment 296006

View attachment 296008

Time to screw some old timing belts on the tires and do a battery upgrade.

Time to screw some old timing belts on the tires and do a battery upgrade.
Too late :flipoff2:

I did the tire upgrade when my little girl had it and I did the battery upgrade last year. What a difference a wheelchair battery makes.

View attachment 296005

View attachment 296006

View attachment 296008

Funny you posted this today. My boy finally decided to give steering a try on his Gator this afternoon. Santa got it for him and we are only on battery charge no.2. He has had little interest in it since Christmas day and would never steer. Today he wanted it out and above and behold he finally turned the wheel. I'd recommend getting g your boy a gator or something good with a bed. It's very convenient for them to carry your beer cooler while you follow them around.

Funny you posted this today. My boy finally decided to give steering a try on his Gator this afternoon. Santa got it for him and we are only on battery charge no.2. He has had little interest in it since Christmas day and would never steer. Today he wanted it out and above and behold he finally turned the wheel. I'd recommend getting g your boy a gator or something good with a bed. It's very convenient for them to carry your beer cooler while you follow them around.
Good call. It was a bit annoying that I had to keep going in for more beer so I could supervise properly.

Back