The Pines Campground (Potts Mountain)

Dawnpatrol

Jesse Higgins
I have a trip coming up to Potts mountain, and have a club member who is interested in going but unsure if his camper will fit. It's been a few years so I can't recall the exact details of the Pines campground.

Does anyone know if a 40' RV camper with a 20' trailer will be able to get in and out of the lower campsite area of the Pines campground?

@Detroit-Muscle

I have a trip coming up to Potts mountain, and have a club member who is interested in going but unsure if his camper will fit. It's been a few years so I can't recall the exact details of the Pines campground.

Does anyone know if a 40' RV camper with a 20' trailer will be able to get in and out of the lower campsite area of the Pines campground?

@Detroit-Muscle
It may as long as there is no one else in that area but that is a real long setup in that small area

The loop at the bottom is supposed to be one-way counter-clockwise (turn right). If you turn left and go in backwards, the turns are more manageable.

Can always camp at the bottom of the hill, too... but I think the spaces on top are better.

With hunting season opened now, the Pines is likely a cluster... hunters squat their junk early, so it's there for weeks/months/the season (supposedly there's a process in place to keep it from happening, but....)
We are planning on going Nov. 10-12. I'm not familiar with the hunting seasons. Looks like it may just be bow season in that area during that time. Do you think that it will still be busy during that time frame?

I have been to that campground when there were other hunters, and it was not the best. However it was not overly crowded, but that was years ago. Definitely not banking on a large spot at the bottom being open if hunters are there as well.

We are planning on going Nov. 10-12. I'm not familiar with the hunting seasons. Looks like it may just be bow season in that area during that time. Do you think that it will still be busy during that time frame?

I have been to that campground when there were other hunters, and it was not the best. However it was not overly crowded, but that was years ago. Definitely not banking on a large spot at the bottom being open if hunters are there as well.
I would turn in the campground and go straight to the upper area, the lower is very tight even for a pickup and a decent size trailer.
As far as hunting season, blackpowder is now open but I don't typically see many hunters camping in the pines.

Back