The Official Necessary Trail Equipment List

I would say I couple feet of fuel line hose, I ran into a guy at uwharrie with a sami that punctured a fuel line and needed some help

It is true, and same goes for a stock grand cherokee. If you see either on daniel please let the forest rangers know that there are crazy ppl trying to get themselves killed. :lol:

I've done Daniel in a stock XJ with 28 inch street tires. Granted it was perfect conditions and still cost me a bell housing (I didn't know I had cracked it till almost a week later when the trans moved far enough away from the motor that the clutch would no longer release) LOL. But hey no body damage!

image.jpg

Everything fits, with the exception of a welder hahaha

Last edited:
View attachment 202465

Everything fits, with the exception of a welder hahaha
Welder belongs under the hood in a fist sized package. (Still working on mine). I end up keeping a lot of old small parts that iv replaced as backups, like tres, bjs, etc. Free, and will get either myself or someone else off the trail. Water, water, and more water and jb weld. A gushing radiator can be a tough one to deal with way back on a trail. 5 gallons including drinking water has proven itself a bare minimum in my experience.

Does this include things you bring with you on the tow rig or trailer to an off-road park?

-welder/gen. Miller Trailblazer.
-spare clothes.
-extra sleeping accommodations for whoever we may run into.

On every trip with my Ranger
Spare front and rear axle shafts, spare driveshafts, spare drive flanges, spare unjoints and yokes, hoses, belts, fuel pump, coil, dizzy, PS pump, reservoir, starter, starter solenoid, cooling fan, fan relay, misc fuses and relays, all fluids, spare hydro hoses, spare tranny cooler hoses, spare master cylinder and a spare coozie whenever the aforementioned parts are needed.

On every trip with my Ranger
Spare front and rear axle shafts, spare driveshafts, spare drive flanges, spare unjoints and yokes, hoses, belts, fuel pump, coil, dizzy, PS pump, reservoir, starter, starter solenoid, cooling fan, fan relay, misc fuses and relays, all fluids, spare hydro hoses, spare tranny cooler hoses, spare master cylinder and a spare coozie whenever the aforementioned parts are needed.

EDIT: spare Dana 44 and Toyota high steer studs because I have been the guy needing them in the past. Ratchet strap steering sucks halfway up Mason Jar

I would highly recommend one of these for on the trail. It is very durable and perfect for carrying tools on the trail. For me it's perfect for climbing up or down the trail to who ever broke to help get them back on the trail or back to camp. I have the same one at work and it is loaded pretty heavy at times (+50lbs) and it is comfortable and can handle the wait with ease.

Backpack, Electrician Tool Bag, Tradesman Pro Organizer, 39 Pockets and Molded Base Klein Tools 55421BP-14
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00MK9UY0A/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_Hty5CbFE4NATN
f99558c6c0f9bf5f3c5ab6b6b81d695b.jpg
b885ad96f7d5039c26243c62a15d7745.jpg
a806f02b099fa16aaaf564fecde8e306.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I know this is an older sticky, but I think a way to make fire and build a shelter would be super important especially if wheeling somewhere off the beaten path. It doesn’t take long for hypothermia. Also a way to purify water and some paracord. Would be nice additions.

Back