The Little Blue Truck

Pulled the whole lever assembly to try and not break the little rod that hits the switch on the parking brake. And then broke it. :kaioken:

IMG_20180818_125642.jpg

I need a washer to get the pad to not rub the rotor and adjust everything.

IMG_20180818_182635.jpg

I hope it actually works.

Last edited:
It's bad.

The easy way is a trail gear or other similar style front bumper. If I find a deal on one I'll run it but i think I've got a better bumper idea. Just depends if I'm up for burning 200 ft of tube trying for the right bend .lol.

Should have my title work next week. I'm just trying to get it driving and need a place for turn signals until I can do better.

Last edited:
Brief road test to tractor supply for chicken feed and made it back ok. When the boy wanted a fire I decided to drive on the fire pit first.
MVIMG_20180901_150027.jpg
MVIMG_20180901_150229_1.jpg
MVIMG_20180901_150246.jpg
MVIMG_20180901_150208.jpg

It chirps pretty good when turning too. It's fun watching randoms looking at you barking tires going really slow. Expression is priceless!

Last edited:
Do you have backing plates on the front brakes? If not, how did you mount the little hardline off the caliper before it goes to the soft line up to the frame?

Cycled the suspension to see where to put the bumps and check steering. Just going to weld a simple bump the the mount and le
PSX_20180907_210204.jpg
t it hit the spring plate.

So the first time on the trails was today at the Rock Corps open ride at the SHOP. Bump stops were rough on the front. Will need to weld in some of the bump stops I have on the front, violent on some of the drops, but the shock clearance was never an issue.

The offset rear axle was able to barely rub the gas tank. I've got a solution for this .

Considering that it's been over a year and a half since I started this build I consider it a success.

Climbed like a billy goat and was very stable. I think I did ok with such a drawn out build. I hit one obstacle that was a step climb pitched down hill to the passenger side. Probably a 4' hole. Third gear double low and I stood it up in the air. Wasn't till later that I realized that had bent the dom tie rod. If that's all that happened I'm good.

Poser pic at pebble play ground.
MVIMG_20181006_133057.jpg

MVIMG_20181006_133111.jpg

Last edited:
hell yeah man. we should wheel again sometime!

Like the idea.
Take the spliter with you on the trail.
If there is a dead tree in your way, chop it up, split, and come home with a load of fire wood. :D

Took blue to tractor supply last weekend for chicken feed and it had a pull to the left and smelled brakes. Siezed driver front...

MVIMG_20181103_171958.jpg

New one installed today. Since my boy has been my right hand man for the whole build and he hasn't gone past the mailbox in it... I'm planning a coffee in hand ride around town tomorrow. There are some fantastic views of the range toward Mount Mitchell, known as the Blacks . I've aired up the tires and ready to roll whenever little man wakes. If history repeats itself I'll be driving before dawn...

Good luck with to the rest of everyone gaining that extra hour of sleep tonight 'cause I probably won't get it! But I'm prepared!!!

MVIMG_20181103_183022.jpg

Last edited:
MVIMG_20181209_150533.jpg
18" of snow. Helping out my neighbors nephew who got his RAV4 stuck. We got it up against a tree, took out a for sale sign and scuffed some mail boxes.

I learned that Blue has a review limiter and is one tough SOB. Took about 45 minutes of fun but we prevailed .

View attachment 281706 18" of snow. Helping out my neighbors nephew who got his RAV4 stuck. We got it up against a tree, took out a for sale sign and scuffed some mail boxes.

I learned that Blue has a review limiter and is one tough SOB. Took about 45 minutes of fun but we prevailed .
Probably should have pulled the other direction so you didn't pull him into the tree. Some people like to keep straight body panels ya know.

Probably should have pulled the other direction so you didn't pull him into the tree. Some people like to keep straight body panels ya know.

Tried that first flat lander.:D He was in the apex of the turn when we started. And he was an idiot behid the wheel. Plus mega super slick snow .

And we didn't hurt anything.

This snow was epic.

Tried that first flat lander.:D He was in the apex of the turn when we started. And he was an idiot behid the wheel. Plus mega super slick snow .

And we didn't hurt anything.

This snow was epic.

Hey who you callin flatlander, I don't live at the beach. Haha

Back