The Little Blue Truck

frankenyoter

No Rain, No Rainbow
Beep! Beep! Beep! Anyone else have little kids and have this book?

I picked up a 94 extra cab Toyota with a 3.0 off a friend after his neighbor totaled it with a Honda.

IMG_20170318_145619011_HDR.jpg

My son, who is 3, is 100% little man and loves wheeling and doing dude stuff. Since my Piggy Bank rig was already built by the time he was old enough to hang, I figured I'd build something he could be a part of creating.

I quickly pulled my built FJ60 front axle and full float FJ80 rear axle from the Cruiser. I used the Cruiser to drag the Blue Truck off the trailer. It was its final act before being robbed of seats and axles.

IMG_20170318_180640231_HDR.jpg

IMG_20170319_180443150.jpg

IMG_20170320_174706745.jpg

I plan to use rear springs up front and 63" Chevy's in the rear. Dual cases, bob the bed, and exo it. Once it's mobile, I will look for a 3.4 to swap in...Maybe sooner if I can find a deal

Last edited:
Got a little time on to remove some mangled front end parts yesterday. Got to figure out a good way to straighten the front frame horn

Before.
IMG_20170318_192247797.jpg
IMG_20170318_180648566_HDR.jpg

After

IMG_20170326_172709553_HDR.jpg

I think I will work on straightening the frame horns before I remove the ifs.

Last edited:
I read that book at least once a day. And Goodnight, Goodnight Construction Site. Maybe that's what I'll name my house build thread in a couple months :D

IMG_20170408_105624784.jpg
Just got everything tightened up on the new clutch master and slave. Would not gravity bleed because some lines are above the master. I grabbed an old fuel pump and used it to suck fluid! It worked great and now I've got a solid clutch pedal:rockon:

Clutch fan engaged when I started it so I pulled it out. Clutch throw didn't get adjusted so I started it in 4 low and took off.

Had to make something to mount the winch on.

IMG_20170408_170105390_HDR.jpg

Clutch almost fully disengages but not enough to shift. Really frustrating. Had wife running the pedal while I bled it for 30 minutes. Still not fixed.

Parked it back in the resting place by starting it in 4low...Which reminds me it wasn't pulling the front at all yesterday when I was trying to get in position. Not a big deal I guess since it's all gone anyway.

Productive weekend on Blue.

Last edited:
Clutch almost fully disengages but not enough to shift. Really frustrating. Had wife running the pedal while I bled it for 30 minutes. Still not fixed.

Parked it back in the resting place by starting it in 4low...Which reminds me it wasn't pulling the front at all yesterday when I was trying to get in position. Not a big deal I guess since it's all gone anyway.

Productive weekend on Blue.

On my last toyota I played hell getting the clutch to push all the way out. IIRC, ended up taking the slave off the truck and forcing it to extended completely then bled it extended.

I'll try that Ben. Its a royal pita.

Its been about 10 yrs, so i cant recall exactly.... but everyone said to let it gravity bleed, but i could not get it to extended far enough after bleeding. I forced it to extended and then bled it. I know I removed it from the truck multiple times. I also recall trying to use a ratchet strap to pull the clutch fork to stop to allow the piston to push out. Be careful as I am pretty sure you can push the piston completely out of the cylinder.

Got a 92 parts truck. It has a 3.4, built axles with 4.56 longs and Detroit's front and rear. Pipe cap front diff armor and a shaved rear. It has 63" Chevy rears.

I'm going to pull the axles and swap in my cruiser axles. Swap cabs and roll. Should have a mini ex soon to do the swap. :rockon:
IMG_20170415_163747935_HDR.jpg

@frankenyoter sooo..... whatcha gonna do with those Longfield axles?

Back