The "Life Advice" Thread

I dont have a lot of life advice, havent lived long enough to screw up enough to really know much.

But my wife is a worrier. Im the opposite. I worry about nothing. If I can help with the problem, Ill try. If I cant, God can. That might be through someone else, or it might just happen. I live by F.R.O.G.. Fully Rely On God. Yes, the phrase came from the froyo place, but thats always been my outlook. God has a purpose for each of us, and until hes ready for us to come home, there is nothing that can destroy us, as long as we rely on Him.

The two hardest things Ive been through were my parents divorce and my grandfather dying. I got saved in the midst of the divorce, because I had no one and nowhere else to turn. Things just looked better after that. When my dads dad died, I again hit bottom. Not because we were terribly close, but because we werent. I didnt meet him until I was ten. One of the few things that still bothers me is that I have no clue if he was saved. He was a drunk and not a good dude, so I have my doubts. That is the one thing in my life that I cant reconcile.

I also still live by the scout motto and slogan. "Be prepared" and "do a good turn daily". Those make life better in general.

There's some really good, deep philosophical stuff here.

All I've got to add right now is if you're going to be dumb, you've got to be tough.

And don't take the top off of a 1st gen 4Runner solo. It will damn near kick your ass.

Good clip. Highly respect this fella and his wife. His wife spoke at one of my athletic banquets in high school.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2018-06-07-22-04-24.png
    Screenshot_2018-06-07-22-04-24.png
    505.9 KB · Views: 136
Back