The kick ass products for the $$$ thread.....

I love these damn things! $11 at Walmart for big 90ct I pay $12 at oriellys just bc I'm already there.
221A4D04-B6BB-4DC7-A961-BE6058120D02-1201-000003CB0F22A537.jpeg

Everyone should have a few of these, worth more than $20 IMO.

Coast PS400 Waterproof Focusing Flashlight-21408 - The Home Depot

I also have one of these, bright as hell and very durable, was $50 2 years ago, I'll buy another one for this price.The focusing flood/spot lenses are awesome.

https://www.amazon.com/Coast-HP550-...pID=41LgukgC0RL&preST=_SY300_QL70_&dpSrc=srch

after spending way too much coin on lights. i have settled on these models. packaging and what not is a sham. but the light itself is durable alluminum. the orings are all quality. waterproof. but the greatest point of these over all others is they *also* accept 18650 batteries. These are the same batteries used to make up a labtop battery. An old school trick was we would dismantle the laptop batteires and replace the 3000mAh batteires with 9000 mAh ones. Super increase battery life. These type are the way to go imho. Cheap and they come with a AAA battery chassis so you always have a consumable option. They use the cree LEDs and I have to admit, super bright.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01KM10T20/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I picked up these to replace the 2000 to 3500 mAh batteries that come with these types of flashlights.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B072XHMN3P/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Lots of different vendors sell these all under different brand names. All the same quality. THey usually just change oring and button colors. On one set I received, the telescoping was bit tight. No biggie as use will wear it down.

Better than Go-Jo or Lava Soap and you can buy it at Family Dollar for about $3. I keep a small cup of it in the shower too.
Any cheap powder detergent will work.
View attachment 257941
On a similar note, use brake cleaner on the grease/oil spots on your clothes before throwing them in the wash. Will clean them right up.

Do you know anything about the Generators that they sell using the Predator engines?

We bought a generator last week & have no complaints - ran our camper all weekend & even survived through our wreck. A couple years ago we bought a predator engine for my nephew's go-cart & we've had no issues. As mentioned, we opted for the extended warranty on both & were encouraged to drain the fluids & bring them back right before the warranty expires to get them replaced.

We bought a generator last week & have no complaints - ran our camper all weekend & even survived through our wreck. A couple years ago we bought a predator engine for my nephew's go-cart & we've had no issues. As mentioned, we opted for the extended warranty on both & were encouraged to drain the fluids & bring them back right before the warranty expires to get them replaced.
Glad to hear the new generator survived!

I’m a big fan of MoraKniv fixed blade knifes. I have atleast on in each vehicle and boat

switched over to carrying a straight blade. I like my kabar, but it just doesnt make a good EDC fixed blade. when shopping around i had narrowed my optiond down to the Mora or the Marttiini. i ended up with the Marttiini and havent regretted it. great little knives most for under $50 if you shop around. and they damn near give them away at the gun shows.

ive got 3 of different sizes shapes, when i walk out the door i just strap on which ever one suits my chores for the day.

I've never really liked cloth work gloves, but these are terrific; they are about all I wear now. White Ox #1014...Made in the USA, too.

1014 White Ox

Learned about them from this review by EC:

Screenshot_2017-11-21-20-26-36.png
One stop lubricant gun cleaner. Better than any penetrating fluid I have used with exception to Castle brand product. Also conditions leather.

Picked one of these @ wallyworld for $25 a few days ago, more power and run time than the 400 w AAAs, this one takes 4 AAs and beats the hell out of any similar priced/size flashlight in brightness and beam adjustment. I did not see this one @ HD when I got the poly steel 400 , maybe they were sold out?

Coast Polysteel 600 Flashlight

There are times when nail bags are too heavy, too bulky, whatever. A few weeks ago, I decided to try a vest/apron....it is fantastic. Used it almost every day for the past month plus. Only reason I have had to use my old bags is when I needed a bunch of fasteners on hand.

atlas46.com

Journey MESH

c5787292dc7a080bf8b2f6207b903ae4.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

There are times when nail bags are too heavy, too bulky, whatever. A few weeks ago, I decided to try a vest/apron....it is fantastic. Used it almost every day for the past month plus. Only reason I have had to use my old bags is when I needed a bunch of fasteners on hand.

atlas46.com

Journey MESH

Putting the weight on the shoulders instead of just a belt will definitely make your back happy.

I am cheap, but like something that works, and available.
Flashlights, I buy the 3AAA plastic types usually like 200 lumens. I have them everywhere, loose one, no big deal. Someone needs one, here ya go, it's yours. Lot of different ones, and a lot of places to get them. Right now Rural King in Morganton for $.99 with batteries. Oh and when the batteries go bad, the Cheapo's from Dollar tree last pretty good in them.
Knives, any carbon steel that you can sharpen on a brick or concrete. I like the Ranger brand.

I bought a predator engine for my tiller, 6.5 HP. 2 years, still works great. Only issue, if it tilts too much to the left, it will shut off(low oil shut off protection) straighten it up fires right back up. $99 on sale.

atlas46.com

Journey MESH

That's cool! I would have loved that in my steelworking days.
My tool belt averaged 80lbs when I first hit the steel ..... this would have been awesome!

Matt

Back