Tellico March 4-7

LukeandtheTJ

Went up there with Reid, Chris, Their dads, and Jake. The primary reason was to see if Reid actually built a rig that can stand up. It did very well. That is until he punctured his TSL. Weak ass bias plys! :D

It was fun. I am slick rock's biotch. My front diff cover is Lower 2's biotch. Don't worry, my little peen fixed it. :Rockon: I think we hit up everything but guardrail and schoolbus. Decided to skip em cuz it was wet and i still don't have a proper cage. Chris broke his drive shaft several times trying to get up some ledge on the first day so guess who got the sweet privilege of towing the 2WD yota through miles of Tellico trail. He's a great rock stacker though. Couldn't have made it through lower 2 without him.

We encountered a bunch of the Kentucky Crawlers while we were there. One of em had a really really nice tube buggy. He gave us a hand when reid almost lost it on slick rock. Another one aired up reid's tire with an ARB. I was very impressed by that little pump. Everyone says avoid it if possible but it inflated that tire in no time.

Chris's busted drive shaft was the only serious carnage. Reids rear diff cover got peeled back and as far as i know is still leaking a milky substance to this day. My front dif got banged up pretty good but it still holds fluid. Only other think i can think of is i crushed a valvestem. it held air fine but wouldn't let any air in. Cost me $5 at the citgo to fix and then drove the jeep 80 mph and more back to good ole concord.

The Cabins that Crawford is renting out are awsome and def worth it. They say they sleep 8 but unless you like sleeping in small beds with guys like me you should keep the group to 4.

A few complaints: Someone really should have told me that Murphy was a dry town. That SUCKED! Also, every girl in Murphy that looked like she should have been of available age was married. Them girls gotta get out of that town. :huggy: Oh and there are some crazy scary rednecks up there. :eek:

Here are my pics:
http://community.webshots.com/scripts/editPhotos.fcgi?action=viewall&albumID=308367870&ran=25846

Why don't you UPLOAD THEM TO THE BOARD! :flipoff2:

Attachments

• 308375844wfCpnZ_ph.jpg
    308375844wfCpnZ_ph.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 523
cuz there's like 80 pics. you can up load them though. I have no problem with that ;)

I'll up load this one though.

Attachments

• IMG_1781small.JPG
    IMG_1781small.JPG
    97.7 KB · Views: 502
Geez.... you have enough time to reply four times IN A ROW to every post on the board, but you can't upload a couple of pictures for us to look at?

What an ass. :flipoff2:

guardrail was super slick on saturday of that weekend. noone made it up without rope, and only one made it up the bypass without rope (pheery's gray yj) at least of the 5 or so hours we were up there.

I about lost my grip when I saw these pictures were posted in the "Proms & Dances" category! Nice. Thanks for the good pics. :D

Stone, for limiting straps, get you some old seatbelts...

Why dont you have your front winch line, running to your front axle??? You need to set that up as well...

May want to get a small winch for the rear to sinch up as well... Good limiting straps are expensive for the most part...

Loved the pics, been waiting along time to see how the buggy did.

ProjekTJ said:
I about lost my grip when I saw these pictures were posted in the "Proms & Dances" category! Nice. Thanks for the good pics. :D

you know how we do.

Back