Tapatalk

I've considered it. I was actually working on a stripped-down "mobile" version of the board last week, but ran into some unexpected snags.

Any preferences one way or the other?

I have tapatalk. Wouldn't mind using it for nc4x4.com. The app costs 2.99, but there is a free version that allows you to read the posts, just not reply. $3 bucks is nothing in my opinion.

The problem with a mobile version of the web is that iPhone users won't be able to post pictures. The tapatalk client allows you to do that. I'd prefer the app, but other people may have different phones and would prefer the mobile version. You could do both?

Plan B...

Somebody with an iPhone or iPod touch hit the board and tell me what you see...?

I can't tell if this is working... or if it works for Blackberries, Android, etc...

iPod touch, I don't see much difference from past attempts

Hmmm

IF it works... it should be a stripped-down b/w layout without all the buttons and such... no blue banners, etc.

Nope still looks like the full blown version on the big box

This is what it looks like:

IMG_0085.PNG

Yeah, not working.

Anybody that's using tapatalk.... what's the gist of it? My understanding is that it just fetches the core data... thread title, post text, username, etc. Then formats it within the program. So it's downloading less info and works more quickly. Is that a fair summary?

It's free for us to install, so I could go ahead and set that up if folks like it, then keep working on getting a mobile subdomain working also.

im partial to the regular interface.. viewing mobile using opera mobile 10 and normal view's great.. mobile view compared is lacking, but of course, im on a hp ipaq on wifi so i don't pay for usage.. option to view regular or mobile in CP wiould be cool!

Yeah, not working.

Anybody that's using tapatalk.... what's the gist of it? My understanding is that it just fetches the core data... thread title, post text, username, etc. Then formats it within the program. So it's downloading less info and works more quickly. Is that a fair summary?

It's free for us to install, so I could go ahead and set that up if folks like it, then keep working on getting a mobile subdomain working also.

Yeah I believe that's exactly how it works. Here's an example of what it looks like when browsing posts. (disregard the tethering at the top, that's a separate app I use.)

IMG_0086.PNG

im partial to the regular interface.. viewing mobile using opera mobile 10 and normal view's great.. mobile view compared is lacking, but of course, im on a hp ipaq on wifi so i don't pay for usage.. option to view regular or mobile in CP wiould be cool!

My biggest beef with the full interface is trying to quote and scroll to the bottom of the reply box with the iPhone. There just isn't enough screen real estate. It's workable, but is frustrating. The other downfall is the inability to upload photos without jailbreaking it and adding in safari plugins.

works fine on a blackberry storm 2...

Which does? The regular layout, Tapatalk, what...?

option to view regular or mobile in CP wiould be cool!

Okay, how about plan C?

Refresh the page and look at the very, very bottom, left hand corner. There should be a menu with "Normal" and "Mobile" options.

If you try the Mobile one, let me know how it works.

Which does? The regular layout, Tapatalk, what...?

plain jane normal regular ole nc4x4...one of the benefits of the blackberry native browser....it handles forums very well

While on my iPhone the mobile/normal selector makes no difference. The mobile site is ok if you are reading a specific post but navigating and searching for new posts is very difficult. The full site would be better. There also are no options for quoting and such. If you can make it so the normal mode works when selected that would be perfect.

While on my iPhone the mobile/normal selector makes no difference. The mobile site is ok if you are reading a specific post but navigating and searching for new posts is very difficult. The full site would be better. There also are no options for quoting and such. If you can make it so the normal mode works when selected that would be perfect.

Agreed

Okay, how about plan C?
Refresh the page and look at the very, very bottom, left hand corner. There should be a menu with "Normal" and "Mobile" options.
If you try the Mobile one, let me know how it works.

selecting normal does nothing, remains with mobile view.. perhaps browser name is overriding setting on page footer?

So you were getting "stuck" in the mobile view? I wonder if that's because the iPhone detector thing is finally kicking in...?

I disabled the mobile detector. If you're still stuck there, try clicking this link:

http://www.nc4x4.com/forums/index.php?styleid=7

Tapatalk works on iPhone, android, and BB. It's free for the board and I know I would certainly appreciate it. Pirate is tapatalk enabled a d it's much easier to nav and especially post on iPhone and BB.

I'm trying to get carolinashootersforum on tapatalk too. So all you here who are there, pls post on that thread on site improvements if you would.

Thanks,
Shannon

Tapatalk is installed. Did it this afternoon, but didn't get it into the Tapatalk directory until just now.

So you were getting "stuck" in the mobile view? I wonder if that's because the iPhone detector thing is finally kicking in...?

idk, but you got it licked this morning when i got up.. i'm not on a iphone though.. do wonder what the browser line in the request is, because i try to visit like other sites and get the crippled mobile page its annoying =p

thanks a ton! (definitely at least a jeep load!)

Back