Tapatalk

shawn

running dog lackey of the oppressor class
Administrator
We have discovered a number of significant security issues with the way that Tapatalk interfaces with the nc4x4 servers. We have not yet disabled it the tapatalk app, but are considering doing so. I recommend that anyone currently depending on tapatalk for their forum access consider an alternative means of accessing the forums.

New update mess things up? It's pretty neat but I guess I can use the browser. A mobile friendly site possible? Like them "m." sites?

Sent from my DROID RAZR

New update mess things up? It's pretty neat but I guess I can use the browser. A mobile friendly site possible? Like them "m." sites?

Sent from my DROID RAZR

No, apparently these things have existed since roughly the time they went from the paid app to the ad-funded app. It's basically bypassing a lot of the forum's in-built security systems.

The new version does offer a "responsive" design option. It basically reformats the layout according to how large your screen is. But we got complaints initially from a few folks that didn't like how that worked.

What is tapatalk?
I still use Morse code.
Bunch of tech savvy hippies on reefer are behind the curtain i see!
:flipoff2:

I hate to see you drop tapatalk but I understand. Is there another app that will work ? 90% of my interaction with the forum is on my phone or tablet.

Sent from my A1-810 using Tapatalk

There has to another solution other than getting rid of it. How are we suppose to get our fix while out and about.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I use Chrome on my phone with no problems. I get emails when I have PMs, links open in Chrome. I moderate threads, whatever. Shawn has asked me several times about using tapatalk, but the above worked so I have seen no reason to have an app. Hell, I posted a couple of The 12 Days of NC4x4 prizes from my phone, it was easier than on the iPad, that's for sure.

What about autoguide? I use it for Cummins forum and pirate. Very similar to tapatalk. I can't speak for the security of it though.

What about autoguide? I use it for Cummins forum and pirate. Very similar to tapatalk. I can't speak for the security of it though.

Cummins forum and Pirate are both owned by Autoguide / Vertical Scope.

I use tapatalk 97% of the time. And I usually spend all day on here. I don't care for Facebook or anything like that much, but I'm pretty addicted to this site.

I've heard mention of ForumRunner or something like that.

The server has support for forumrunner as well.

You can complain all you want... but if it has to go away, it will go away. I'm just giving fair warning.

Wasn't complaining at all. Just curious about the other options. I understand completely.

On tapatalk now, works fine. Haven't had any issues.

Back