Talk me out of an electric (corded) weedeater

I'm probably gonna buy the Milwaukee trimmer later in the summer. I cut a lot of what I have to weed eat out with weed killer. Much easier to spray than haul a weed eater around. Granted my yard is small, much bigger and I'd opt for a Stihl gas trimmer.

All good advice given. If I had more property...I'd get an orange gas powered one. If I didn't already have the edger and hedge trimmer attachments, I probably would've went with a battery powered one that I could add those to. In the end, I had an Amazon gift card, the Greenworks 10 amp corded one was $49.99 and I can use what I've already got with it.

Hopefully it will be quite enough that I can use it in the dead of the night without anyone seeing me. :D

I bought 2 of the cheap ryobi 18 volts , i haven’t had any problems in 2 years . Still got 1 new in box waiting for the other one to go . I use the lithium batteries .

I have been using my echo 58v for a couple years now. I moved about a year ago going from .33 to slightly over 1acre, just needed to pick up a second battery was all. Don't miss my old bug killer. I did find a good deal on a kobolt 40v limb saw last summer to add to the tool shed. I got to say the battery life was more than I expected. As mentioned before battery power has come a long way.

Attachments

• IMG_20200404_134448233.jpg
    IMG_20200404_134448233.jpg
    118.4 KB · Views: 99
I love my B&D corded weed eater. I have 2 100 ft cords and that gets everything I need to. Put string in it, plug in and go.

I have the Milwaukee chainsaw and weed eater/pole saw (it does both). I have not used a gas powered chainsaw since I bought the Milwaukee, well, except when I borrowed one when I had to cut a 48" oak tree up, but the test of the tree was all done with the Milwaukee.

The heck with gas.

The only thing good about a corded weedeater was watching my dad swing it around by the cord and throw it like an Olympic hammer thrower across the yard when it would annoy him.

I just got a Milwaukee battery weedeater I like it so far. It's has plenty of power but you need a 5.0 battery or bigger.

Back