Tahoe/Yukon Air Ride Conversion

ckruzer

Infidel
Any of you ever deleted the air ride system? Did you go to full mech coil and shock or did you do mech air shocks?

Looking for kit recommends too.

Thanks

Between this and wanting to change the rear gear and locker, sounds like you shoulda bought a different SUV. :D

I have nothing else useful to add...

Ain’t you a bucket of joy

Wouldn’t do anything soon with the rear end. Just a futuristic thought of improvement.

To my knowledge tho you can’t get the LTZ/Denali package without getting air ride, and supposedly these air shocks are prone to fail between 50k to 100k. Not reliable and stupid expensive to replace for subpar parts. Trying to plan ahead rather than after the fact

:flip off:

Ain’t you a bucket of joy

Wouldn’t do anything soon with the rear end. Just a futuristic thought of improvement.

To my knowledge tho you can’t get the LTZ/Denali package without getting air ride, and supposedly these air shocks are prone to fail between 50k to 100k. Not reliable and stupid expensive to replace for subpar parts. Trying to plan ahead rather than after the fact

:flip off:

10-4. You know I gotta give you a little crap!
Wouldn't it be prudent to invest in quality OEM style replacement shocks instead of going backwards?
I have no clue what they cost to replace. But I assume it would be cheaper to replace them than to swap out everything associated with the spring suspension.

Wife has an ‘04 Escalade with the air assist rear shocks and it was giving me fits (think reverse Carolina squat) for a while. I did all the battery unhook, air bleed, unhook the pump tricks to try and reset it. Turned out to be a faulty ride level/control actuator attached to the rear drivers trailing arm giving a bad/no read situation. From my research of trying to eliminate the System all together the consensus was that, if the computer and pump are running good just hold what you got. Yes the air assist shocks are pricey but deleting the system is just as pricey and you have to deal with the computer not being happy as the ride control also talks to the braking system etc. I’m glad it worked out too cause I love the thing having the 6.0 and the heavier Suspension it tows nicely and hauls some ass all while riding in style.

Wife has an ‘04 Escalade with the air assist rear shocks and it was giving me fits (think reverse Carolina squat) for a while. I did all the battery unhook, air bleed, unhook the pump tricks to try and reset it. Turned out to be a faulty ride level/control actuator attached to the rear drivers trailing arm giving a bad/no read situation. From my research of trying to eliminate the System all together the consensus was that, if the computer and pump are running good just hold what you got. Yes the air assist shocks are pricey but deleting the system is just as pricey and you have to deal with the computer not being happy as the ride control also talks to the braking system etc. I’m glad it worked out too cause I love the thing having the 6.0 and the heavier Suspension it tows nicely and hauls some ass all while riding in style.

How long ago was this? Started to google a little and seems whatever people go with these days it includes a bypass to trick the system into thinking it’s a-ok

10-4. You know I gotta give you a little crap!
Wouldn't it be prudent to invest in quality OEM style replacement shocks instead of going backwards?
I have no clue what they cost to replace. But I assume it would be cheaper to replace them than to swap out everything associated with the spring suspension.

Where is the fun if you don’t?! Hahaha

So apparently it’s like bagged air shocks right now. Optionally you can replace or go Brand X air shock that doesn’t require constant adjustment by the pump. I’m guessing def adjusting mech ones like a bilstein brand.

This was this past summer. I have read you can bypass the computer but I don’t know anyone around here I’d trust to accomplish that and I had a good compressor and BCM so I am riding it out. It isn’t a bad system if you stay on top of it. Put a loaded trailer on and it just runs the pump and auto levels for you. Since she has owned it (7 years) that actuator was the first thing that’s been done to it.

Not sure but I think hp tuners software can do the delete.. it can do most else.. I need to get into hp tuners.. more and more people wanting deletes of various types.. wonder if it's worth while..

Back