Tacoma Lift.

TapouT

Looking for some advice from the more experienced toyota folks. I’m looking for a good lift for my base 2002 Tacoma regular cab truck. It’s the 2.7 4 cylinder. I’d like to be able to comfortably fit a 32” tire when it’s done. Thanks for the help!

5100 Bilstein BE5-D558-TO up front, can use stock spring and raise the lower position on the Bilstein to get desired lift OR use a ToyTec (Eibach) 112-620 coils (bottom position on the Bilsteins this is a nice ride 3" lift )

if you're still on OEM ball joints, upgrade upper control arms to LightRacing 25460 uppers, uses adjustable position ball joints, lets you dial in caster and camber over stock, which becomes an issue as you raise the truck.

i haven't done this myself yet, but have driven one that has and is a nice ride,

Rear leaves can be modified adding a Wheelers add a leaf or replacing whole leaf pack, various vendors for them.

I'll echo what Blkvoodoo said. For the money, the Bilstein's are hard to beat. Having said that, if you EVER intend on adding weight to the truck (i.e. bumpers/winch), then you'll be ahead of the game planning for that with a better system.

I went with Old Man Emu for my complete lift, but I can't really recommend it. The rear springs are impossibly stiff even after removing the leaf I was told to remove. The 883 springs up front are stiff, even with an ARB bumper and winch. I had to add the LightRacing a-arms to get my alignment back to specs.

If I were to do it all over again, I'd go adjustable coilovers and the LightRacing arms with the Wheeler's Offroad progressive add-a-leaf.

x3 on the bilstein shocks plus toytec coils. I have a heavy bumper with winch and cleared 33x10.50’s easily. 35’s need a little trimming.

Back