Stuff I've built in the yard

I did this little gem a couple years ago, took me about three months part time. The hardest part was getting the platform built. It’s held on the tree with four tree bolts I fabbed, basically 14” of 1” dia threaded rod with a 2” dia x4” sleeve welded about half way, and countersunk into the tree. The struts are 4x4 with 3/4” threaded ends for leveling adjustment.
49B6FCD4-9795-4924-A7A9-A188C2EC101C.jpeg

I built the walls on the ground and winched them up there with an atv winch mounted to the tree. Had to build the roof in place.
82536F0A-9C7D-4BBA-97DB-0189CC9FCC4C.jpeg

Added the metal roof, windows and door
C60741B2-F2F0-4391-96C7-0CFF42DDC156.jpeg

Then finished off the balcony.
5696747D-0DA4-46CA-83C0-6D69BB4CA5FE.jpeg

Pretty fun build, we have a cot inside with a couple chairs. Great place to “camp out” when the weather’s right.

Last edited:
That's awesome man I'd love to built one.
Got some shingles from a roof8ng buddy so I threw them on yesterday till I ran out if nails.
74979ef6245717af05e2a6c7a4f6f78e.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

White oak? Tons of firewood!

And I want that bucket truck too. That is a beast.

Looking good! Im planning on building the same shop at my new place next spring. You mind sharing how much the concrete pad cost?
7628 was my total. That included footers per spec and what little bit of grading they had to do and 32 yards total.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I did this little gem a couple years ago, took me about three months part time. The hardest part was getting the platform built. It’s held on the tree with four tree bolts I fabbed, basically 14” of 1” dia threaded rod with a 2” dia x4” sleeve welded about half way, and countersunk into the tree. The struts are 4x4 with 3/4” threaded ends for leveling adjustment.

Then finished off the balcony.
View attachment 265262

Pretty fun build, we have a cot inside with a couple chairs. Great place to “camp out” when the weather’s right.

That's where I'm gonna be ridin' out the storm ;)

Oh dang bud good to see one of us is finally getting that shop we always wanted lol! Who did you end up going with?

Oh dang bud good to see one of us is finally getting that shop we always wanted lol! Who did you end up going with?
I'm pumped its finally happening for sure. I went with diamond outdoor. I know a lot of ppl dont care for them but my experience has been just fine with them only hold up I've had was finding a plumber that would work..

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Back