Street legal SXS's

Ive been seeing more and more SxS's on killboy.com so apparently Tennessee is pretty lax on what they allow on the streets (but GOD FORBID you have a lifted truck on the strip at Pigeon Forge)

The SD tags is a bit different than the current "loop-hole"

In the current movement you pay an agent in Montana to create you an LLC, you become the sole owner of the LLC.
Your SXS, Jeep, Camper etc is owned by the Montana LLC and thus falls under its laws and regulations.
Which happen to be, no inspections, sales tax or property taxes. Also provides you a way to plate the off-road vehicles with a Montana plate.
No need to worry about the plate ever having to be changed to NC or anywhere else because it is owned by and titled with your LLC in Montana.

I actually talked to them on the phone there pretty legit lots of people do this with expensive cars to avoid taxes in silly states i wish I had the title for my 4 seater I would do it

I actually talked to them on the phone there pretty legit lots of people do this with expensive cars to avoid taxes in silly states i wish I had the title for my 4 seater I would do it
You can refinance your loan with lightstream and they dont put a lien on your title.
Allowing you to get a Monta LLC titled SXS

Yea buddy.
Will update after first LEO encounter.
Rode about 30 miles saturday, was great.

Attachments

• sxs.jpg
    sxs.jpg
    157.1 KB · Views: 343
This makes me want one for my shack at Oak Island. That would make beer runs and boat launching a gooder time!! They allow golf carts but they have to be licensed and battery powered. This would be a sweet loophole.

This makes me want one for my shack at Oak Island. That would make beer runs and boat launching a gooder time!! They allow golf carts but they have to be licensed and battery powered. This would be a sweet loophole.
There are battery powered options that are useful as more than just a golf cart ;)

Here's mine right now:
20210503_194459.jpg

gas powered vehicles aren’t allowed on Oak Island. That’s the issue
What you talking about Willis?
You thinking of another island.
There are 4 lanes and traffic lights on oak island.
It's just that golf carts have to be electric. But if it's a vehicle and not a cart then rock on

What you talking about Willis?
You thinking of another island.
There are 4 lanes and traffic lights on oak island.
It's just that golf carts have to be electric. But if it's a vehicle and not a cart then rock on
You right. For some reason I read Oak Island, but my mind translated it to Bald Head Island. Ugh. It’s been a long week, and it’s only Tuesday.

The SXS bill has gone back to the NC congress. The bill was modified and put in front of the Senate, and passed 48-0. It has now been sent to the House for support, and when passed go to the Comrade to sign.

Here it is: https://webservices.ncleg.gov/ViewBillDocument/2021/1227/0/DRS35103-NE-17B. Contact your State Reps and tell them you want them to pass this bill.

The SXS bill has gone back to the NC congress. The bill was modified and put in front of the Senate, and passed 48-0. It has now been sent to the House for support, and when passed go to the Comrade to sign.

Here it is: https://webservices.ncleg.gov/ViewBillDocument/2021/1227/0/DRS35103-NE-17B. Contact your State Reps and tell them you want them to pass this bill.
I see they fixed the displacement restrictions, but windshield and wipers? A windshield I'd put on my sxs but wipers???

I see they fixed the displacement restrictions, but windshield and wipers? A windshield I'd put on my sxs but wipers???
In NC, if you have a windshield, you have to have wipers.

If you read down, it says that you have to wear a helmet with safety strap, if you dont have a windshield & wipers.

In NC, if you have a windshield, you have to have wipers.

If you read down, it says that you have to wear a helmet with safety strap, if you dont have a windshield & wipers.
I was guilty of TLDR. I'm good with a puddin bowl and safety gargles. I'd only use mine on road for beer runs and trips to fuel up anyways. To be 100% honest though, the county police probably wouldn't bother me if I did it now where I live. People ride 4wheelers and dirtbikes to the store for gas all the time with the county police hanging out there drinking coffee.

Last edited:
Back