Stock market

No one wants to talk about the market now? Geez. Yall are as bad as CNN :flipoff2:

Check out TLSS. Transportation and Logistics LLC they just bought out another company and right now they're a penny stock. But before covid hit in Feb. Their stock was around 3.50 a share. I bought up as much I could risk.

cob

I been buying since the covid drop. Things are starting to come back now.

But....they'll go down again. And up, and down. As long as the coronavirus goes on, and the social crap goes on, etc. The "normal" unsettled market, but with steady upward growth is 2 years off.

I had a bunch of dividend cash built up, and moved it to an online trader, and have started playing with it on these ups and downs. I'm playing with as much as I want to risk, but am doing pretty darn good so far (a month in). Wish I could play it with more base money, but I'm no fool.

lplsan.1593723645727.jpg

No one wants to talk about the market now? Geez. Yall are as bad as CNN :flipoff2:

I thought we were getting a bear flag on 5/1, so wasn't set up to chase.

I thought I pared back my NFLX position, but must have forgotten. That was a nice surprise.

Might buy $NFLX puts into earnings. $25 out of the money are still $12, though...

^^^ my, aren't you just a cheerful ray of sunshine :D

^^^ my, aren't you just a cheerful ray of sunshine :D

It seems like the market is falsely inflated and a pull back is in the cards. What the heck do I know though. It could keep climbing straight up for years.

47769140-15945840208844945_origin.jpg

I’ll say it again, no one has a clue what the market is going to do! We’ve never experienced this type of event and either has the markets. Reality is, jobs are coming back, people are still spending money and the market is reflecting those two things. I also believe people are not buying this bullshit increase virus spike, especially now that 33 labs here in Florida have been caught cooking books, reporting 98% positive tests instead of 9.8%. People are done with masks cause it’s inconsistent. You have to wear them on the street, in a restaurant but protesters can’t spread it. Society is calling bullshit and so is the market. But, this is purely my opinion which isn’t shit hahaha

I’ll say it again, no one has a clue what the market is going to do! We’ve never experienced this type of event and either has the markets.

I agree with this. BUT, the global company I work for is building product at a much reduced rate, and state that the 'new normal' level of output is going to be less than pre-covid levels. Airlines are flying only 10% of their pre-covid volume. Quantas just cancelled all international flights on Monday due to lack of demand. There are many other industries suffering too. Therefore stock prices being up near pre-covid levels doesn't make sense. EXCEPT for good old Uncle Sam printing money.

Where i work, we serve all industries, from small medical devices and electronics connectors, to large power gen and mining, and everything in between. Things are slow. Our daily order flow is down significantly, and the long term project flow is non-existent at this point. Also, our service center is slow too, which indicates that its not just reduced spending on new investments, but also reduced workload with existing equipment.

Where i work... things are slow..
Same here!
But I work for the government, so thats normal ;-)

I do see this, though. Everybody is gearing up for big fights to make sure anything planned for FY22 is clearly very essential-looking and closely tied to "the mission", and assuming there's going to be a big slow down/freeze on hiring, b/c thats about when there's likely to be a whole lot of budget trims and belt tightening.

As I've mentioned before where I'm struggling is having a kid leaving for college in 3 years and trying to figure where to put what we're setting aside and hope not to get hosed on what's already in 529s etc.

Therefore stock prices being up near pre-covid levels doesn't make sense. EXCEPT for good old Uncle Sam printing money.

You're looking at the wrong charts. DAL, AAL, UAL, F, GM, FCAU, AA, X, NUE, PPG, DJI, etc, etc, all reflective of the current economic situation in those markets.

The momos are ripping, some for valid economic reasons, some because of shorts (TSLA), both with a good helping of FOMO mixed in. That's not the same thing.

Back