Stock market

I'm thinking backslash \

I'm betting on a G. Or K, to be interesting.

I am shocked that the stock market didn't react to the weekend of protests, looting, and riots.

On Saturday, I guessed a 5 percent drop for Monday, starting as soon as the bell rang, and another 3 or so percent today. So far, it's gained. Surprised there has been no trading reaction.

I am shocked that the stock market didn't react to the weekend of protests, looting, and riots.

On Saturday, I guessed a 5 percent drop for Monday, starting as soon as the bell rang, and another 3 or so percent today. So far, it's gained. Surprised there has been no trading reaction.

I wasn't surprised at the initial gain after the HUGE drop, but the continued climb upwards since then has me completely baffled. I'm still expecting a pull back, but I am no longer thinking the lows set on March 23rd will be revisited. I doubt the markets will ever be that low again.

I wasn't surprised at the initial gain after the HUGE drop, but the continued climb upwards since then has me completely baffled. I'm still expecting a pull back, but I am no longer thinking the lows set on March 23rd will be revisited. I doubt the markets will ever be that low again.

I'm wishing I hadn't held back my 2020 Roth contribution, but am also baffled at the continued climb. I agree that it likely won't go that low again. I'm holding out for the Q2 financial reports now (and giving myself a little more time to pet my cash while waiting to see how my own company reacts). I'm not entirely confident the company I work for is going to be able to avoid layoffs.

I'm wishing I hadn't held back my 2020 Roth contribution, but am also baffled at the continued climb. I agree that it likely won't go that low again. I'm holding out for the Q2 financial reports now (and giving myself a little more time to pet my cash while waiting to see how my own company reacts). I'm not entirely confident the company I work for is going to be able to avoid layoffs.
LOL exact same boat here. Gotta make the jump before July 1 though b/c thats the deadline for still crediting it as 2019

I maxed my Roth for 2019 already and plan on maxing my SEP which has had huge returns, on Monday. I’m sure we will see a pull back when Qtr 2 earnings come out but doubt it’ll be drastic.

What I’m more worried about is how long these looters/rioters will continue. The peaceful protests aren’t a worry and no real issue but the burning and destroying of businesses after coming off a lockdown could become one.

Dow broke 27k. Great news on the jobs report (now at 13% unemployment).

I am only 10% down from my peak on 2/13 before this all started...and I still think it was overvalued then by about 10% and due for a correction.

Happy as a clam.

It is over valued even more now.

Not so sure about that.
Retail sector is going to knock earnings out of the park with all the panic buying.
Insurance Sector is going to be very strong with minimal claims from reduced travel.
Construction is on fawking fire...

Devils advocate viewpoints

Retail sector is going to knock earnings out of the park with all the panic buying.

Moving product is not the same thing as making profit. Supply chains are f'd right now with inconsistent closures. Resourcing and expediting cost money. There's plenty of inefficiency trying to manage staffing up or down again.

Insurance Sector is going to be very strong with minimal claims from reduced travel.

Except for, you know, rebuilding and restocking every storefront in most major metropolitan areas.

But, is it? (I got nothing for this one)

Devils advocate viewpoints

Moving product is not the same thing as making profit. Supply chains are f'd right now with inconsistent closures. Resourcing and expediting cost money. There's plenty of inefficiency trying to manage staffing up or down again.

Except for, you know, rebuilding and restocking every storefront in most major metropolitan areas.

But, is it? (I got nothing for this one)
I’m not a stock market guy, just enjoy the conversation.

fyi..most insurance policies exclude acts of war, riots or social anarchy.

Not so sure about that.

Dunno man. The company I work for is only building product at about 20% pre Covid levels after not building any for about 2 months. During our weekly information sessions, they keep talking about the 'New Normal' and how it is going to be less than pre-Covid. They are also hinting at further 'resource' reductions.

So far a lot of the projections have been off, way off. I really don’t think anyone knows what’s going to happen moving forward but it’s still a great opportunity to maximize long term investments. Whether there’s a pullback or not, I’m jumping in hard on Monday. Mainly in mutual funds and a few stocks I’ve been wanting.

During our weekly information sessions, they keep talking about the 'New Normal' and how it is going to be less than pre-Covid. They are also hinting at further 'resource' reductions.

For some odd reason it has hit be big truck market hard. Although I think they were expecting some slow down in that market for a while. Seems like they were talking about it slowing down this spring-summer last year....

So far a lot of the projections have been off, way off. I really don’t think anyone knows what’s going to happen moving forward but it’s still a great opportunity to maximize long term investments.

/thread

This is the truth. Nobody knows nothing. A ton of "experts" spout their best guesses, but ultimately the market will make the decision. Trying to make a quick buck is called gambling, even if it’s done in the market. Buy solid companies/indexes/funds with low fees and hold.

Just glad the market is more optimistic than all you fuckers! LOL

My father is a financial advisor. Swears he installed a 5 point harness in his chair right when all this covid stuff started. Says he hasn't unbuckled it just yet! Haha

Here we go.

6-11-20 futures.jpg

Back