Steel toe boots

Do the Timberland Pros run large or small?
Yes. Lol! Go to a good boot store. Put your feet in them. I've rocked Timberland, Justin, Wolverine, Georgia, and a few others. Blake loves the Thorogoods (sp?). His out last anything I wear 2 to one. Difference in industrial maintenance over straight fabrication. Sadly the most expensive seem to wear just as well as the crazy expensive. The Georgia brand being the softest leather and killed in a month.
Timberlands haven't out shined any brand but I've bought more of them.
The footbed in the Wolverine brand breaks down the quickest. I run all of them in rotation regardless and replace the insoles regularly.
I pay more attention to how and where they are stitched over everything else but fit. Logger boots are out. To much heel for working in a shop. All of them I actually buy with no water proof rating. My feet stay drier from sweat and I also never buy insulated for the same reason.

Current set of Ariats are fine but the holes in the toe are what drives me nuts. View attachment 416693

I just pulled the trigger on some new Brunt’s so we shall see how it goes. The were really fair and they have a free 30 days no questions return policy so they will get put to the test and go from there. Only thing is I hate buying boots I can’t try on in person….
Holes? Most comfortable boots I own. Great for my Sunday chores.
IMG_20240428_163842336_HDR.jpg

Footbed still feels good but they catch too many sparks.

Holes? Most comfortable boots I own. Great for my Sunday chores.
View attachment 416778

Footbed still feels good but they catch too many sparks.
And I love mine and wear them both for work and farm but it’s the water intrusion. I have a thing about wet feet. Guess 20yrs of living in the army funded camping trips has just turned me off to it….

I switched to Thorogood about 5 years ago after I kept having a foot issue from climbing too many power poles. I had tried all the major brands with a steel shank and continued to have problems until my doctor suggested Thorogood. I have 3 pairs of them now and have had 2 pairs refurbished at the factory which is like getting a new pair back.

Where are y'all buying your thorogoods at? I would prefer to try them on and not just order online hoping for a good fit.

I ordered a pair of Brunt boots a year or so ago. They honestly felt like crap on my foot, so i sent them back. No real world wear knowledge. I'm really picky about shoes though.
My Son has a pair of Brunts, wasn't happy with the fit and comfort on concrete all day, Still wears them a year later and have worn well. But I'd bet he is going to get another brand next time. Construction is good but fit and comfort is questionable.

I'm Keen fanboi... at least until the soles delaminated at the 9-10 month marks on 4 pairs.
Full disclosure, I wear them all day, everyday, and am fairly rough on footwear, but... there was always sufficient tread left and the uppers were holding together.

The past 3 pairs, I went with Oboz... and after 15 months, they too are delaminating.

Wanted to try the Brunts, but none of them feature an aggressive enough tread for my farm use :(

Honestly, the best boots I've had were Danner's. They weren't steel toe though. I even had a second set of soles put on them. I threw them out this year when the soles were coming off again.

I'm on my 3rd pair of Carolinas. Last 2 have been the girder model. Tough boot and all of them still have life in them when the company buys my next pair.

Back