Stake Pockets

FunkSkunk

Strongest control arms around!
Ok fellas, just got a good 'new' trailer after selling my old one and I have a question about stake pockets. It is the older style C channel like the one pictured and I am trying to figure out how to weld on stake pockets. Any suggestions? pics are helpfully if you've got them. THANKS!! (oh and I searched here, googled, and on pirate and couldn't really find a good answer)

3kf3pe3od5V35T55P3a4b150b4bd6795f1e5b.jpg

That's 8 inches of weld, should be plenty if done right.

You could notch out the trailer 2x4 inches out of the side rail, inset the stake pockets flush. That would = 24 inches of weld, it would be stronger and look better also. What series of dozer you want to haul. LOL

If you just need tie down points, i'd rather have d-rings on the deck than stake pockets to tie to. But welded properly, the box tube would be plenty sufficient i'd say.

Well it's gonna be used beyond just a rig hauler, so it will basically be my truck bed (because I only have a Durango) so it will serve to haul gravel, mulch, junkyard finds, car rescue missions, moving helper, I think you get the idea. Got to have the wood sides to keep my random stuff where it belongs. Yeah it's got some D-rings already on the deck but I'll be adding more shortly.

hey thanks for the help guys, think I might go with the cut-out version, it's more work but it will probably look the cleanest. I'll post up pics when it gets done. oh and no dozers yet, but my father-in-law has a Kubota does that count?

Back