stacks

StudNuts

Im thinking to moving up to some stacks for the PSD.... Got the thinking about how legal and/if they are legal at all. Just want to spare the embarrassment at the inspection station and I dont know of any lick 'em and stick 'em shops. Anyone know?

your talking about exhaust stacks, like on big rigs? i had some on my truck back in high school. the shop that did it didnt say anything about the legality of it, which is something they are usually on top of (Henry's Muffler off Capital)

since a diesel doesnt require a sniffer or anything i dont see why it would matter or not, you just need a muffler and your set.

StudNuts said:
Im thinking to moving up to some stacks for the PSD.... Got the thinking about how legal and/if they are legal at all. Just want to spare the embarrassment at the inspection station and I dont know of any lick 'em and stick 'em shops. Anyone know?
They don't mind at all - no emissions to worry about that at this time - you should be good to go - you going to run duals or a single?

Cool. I guess im going to order them up. The nekkid lady mudflaps are on there way. Im going to run dual mitre cuts.

StudNuts said:
Cool. I guess im going to order them up. The nekkid lady mudflaps are on there way. Im going to run dual mitre cuts.
Nuts,

Where are you ordering them from? Let me know how much you are spending - I may be able to help you out.

dual 5" polished.

Thanks for the offer RDDC. I just became a dealer for a co. that has a 'stack' kit. Id figure i can get a good price on it why the hell not try it out.

StudNuts said:
dual 5" polished.

Thanks for the offer RDDC. I just became a dealer for a co. that has a 'stack' kit. Id figure i can get a good price on it why the hell not try it out.

How much for a set of stacks for my buggy? :huggy:
Arent you supposed to help me out with an exhaust guy pal???/Youre killin me....

Whats the price on the stack kit and what all does it come with? I'm thinking of running dual 5" mitre cut stacks on my truck and i would like to find a kit instead of buying pieces here and there.

Hahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think STUDNUTS is scared to run STACKS. LMAO!!!!! :D He is not sure about messing up that nice powerful nice beautiful truck. LMAO!!!!! Maybe now I will get him all fired up and next time I see him he will have STACKS!! :flipoff2: :driver: :smokin:

KRAWLER

Lol!!!!

no I think it would be cool to see. How much does this cost to run stacks?? What does it do for you that a stock exhaust won't do?? I am just wondering? I would think its just for looks.

KRAWLER

toyota231 said:
Whats the price on the stack kit and what all does it come with? I'm thinking of running dual 5" mitre cut stacks on my truck and i would like to find a kit instead of buying pieces here and there.

Stacks are a bit pricey due to lottsa chrome, especially 5" stacks. Stack kits come with everything needed, stacks, y-pipe, clamps, bed mounts, mounting pattern, etc.

and no doughboy, i will have stacks....just dont have time business is pickin up.

DOUGHBOYDD2500HD said:
What does it do for you that a stock exhaust won't do?? I am just wondering? I would think its just for looks.

It should be freer flowing, since most run a smaller high flow, or no muffler. That's the benefit over stock. There's no benefit over any aftermarket exhaust.

Most do it for looks... I just don't want soot all over the Cruiser and the truck.

Not to mention the 5-6" dia holes in the bed, the hot pipe that dictates what and where you can put things in the bed of the truck, etc.

Back