Spun carrier Bearing

No fries

Anyone use Loctite 620 on a carrier bearing (front D30 for XJ)
Eascoast recommended it, just looking for any input or experience to have it hold.
Gap fill spec is .008 I think I'm pretty good measuring with dial calipers.

I've used the permatex version at home plenty of times and the Loctite at work a bunch too. I'm not sure I'd used it on a carrier bearing as once it's cures good luck getting it back apart. Personally I'd be looking for a new housing.

I'd be "ok" with a new carrier, the housing has wj knuckles on it and is trussed, Really dont want to spend any more $$ on this than we have to.
But that is still a new carrier plus set up kit, and having someone experienced to set it up for me......

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Know it's right. And send that puppy home with either the Green or Grey Lock tight.

Green is for races and such, Grey more for keyways.

Just like Chris said it'll be dang permanent. In a pinch though heat will release to bond. You can put enough directly to the race to break the bond. The housing (edit: or carrier) would get warm but not enough to damage it. The trick is get in, get the race hot, and get out.
Of your doing all that you need a new one anyway.

Last edited:
I have used it on a spun carrier bearing. I dimpled the carrier as well. Worked fine till I put an ARB in.

If you can knurl it and then put some locktitty on it, you'll be good to go. Ive done it before and will probably do it again some day.

It's got a lunchbox locker in it. Going to go for it.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Back