Spark Plug Wire Contacts Header

ckruzer

Infidel
No room to use the stock metal shielding. Tried one. Too tight.

Any ideas?

f0666359d48d18a6b024d97aa28bf0b9.jpg

b26da2dbb3ce2437bcbc3b3050c4d374.jpg

e8c7b1d403d665f03ec7e49ceeaf68ca.jpg

A better plug wire with a 45 degree boot?

Mineral fiber insulation wrapped in foil sheathing

Get some wires with 135* boots or get a set of the MSD truck length LS plug wires. I believe they have "adjustable" plug ends that you can bend to fit and they hold their shape. Then get some heat sleeves. Or if you want to get real fancy you can call up Scott's performance here in Mooresville, he will make you a custom set of wires with whatever ends, whatever length, whatever heat shielding you can imagine. Cost close to the same as the MSD cut to length/build your own LS plug wire kits and get a much better setup.

ordered the taylor 135. 49 bones on amazon prime. ill post back the fitment when they arrive in case anyone has future issues

I'm with @NC-V ...I got the adjustable end MSD wires and also have boot insulators on those. Burnt through two sets of stockers before I made the switch. Got the boots on eBay fairly cheap.

I'm with @NC-V ...I got the adjustable end MSD wires and also have boot insulators on those. Burnt through two sets of stockers before I made the switch. Got the boots on eBay fairly cheap.

Link? The adjustable ones I saw were a lot beefier than the 135 degree ones. It's no much custom angle I need here it's really just tight clearance. I believe the 135s will work perfectly, with a small potential to need one 90 on each side

Thanks for the fleabay link. A few bones cheaper than the summit ones i found. I also used the business to put some feelers out to some industrial joints to get some one foot samples. much higher insulator than needed... but mmm potentially free. haha.

Those moldable ones look nifty. But at 40 bones more than I paid for 135 degree ones, i wouldnt *want* to consider them unless my situation proves much more difficult than it seems as may be revealed by the 135s not working... potentially.

I just happened to look under my hood. I'll be needing some too.
Cutting into my DOM funds.

As much as they want for some stock replacements, I was glad to pay 70 bucks for the MSD ones. Especially since they're an 8.5mm wire.

Back