Sous Vide recipes

No fries

Got a sous vide for Christmas, plan on trying steaks first. Anyone have a favorite they have is a go to? Any recipes not just steak.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

The most important thing is figuring out a good searing technique. I usually use my 6 burner gas grill because it gets really hot really fast. When the weather sucks or if you want to make a pan sauce, you're going to want to get a good oil with a high smoke point like avacado. I like to do steaks with just salt, pepper, and garlic powder. 130* for about 2 hrs then sear at 800+ for about 1 min per side. I get a lot of my ideas from sous vide everything on youtube. He has pretty much covered everything. Ill look at my notes when I get home and post up a few of the things I have done.

Ok thanks
I've got a Kamado Joe I can sear on at the high heat. Was thinking about a heavy duty plastic commercial container for the vessel.

Ok thanks
I've got a Kamado Joe I can sear on at the high heat. Was thinking about a heavy duty plastic commercial container for the vessel.

Get a really big one with a lid. Im still using my big shrimp boil stock pot but ive been meaning to buy one

Cooked a few ribeye steaks last night 2hrs at 130 degrees, seared them on the grill, perfectly cooked. Great flavor and tender! Just have to plan a little ahead of time but I am going to be looking for more recipes.

Back