So you wanna wheel Walden's Ridge at Windrock do ya? Well, well, well...

Jody Treadway

Croc wearing fool
Last weekend myself and a few buddies loaded up and headed to Windrock for the sole purpose of doing something stupid, wheeling the Walden's Ridge trail. What is Walden' Ridge you ask? Well, it is a ridge line trail on the top of a mountain near trail 75. There are drop offs easily reaching 500+' on each side. This is definitely not a trail for the faint of heart!

Our group consisted of @woodrow, @EdJonesJeeper, @McCracken, an XJ on 37s, another TJ on 35s, a YJ on 37s and myself. We all completed the trail with the SWB Jeeps getting the assistance of a winch down the final drop (which is probably 5-6' tall), Except for @EdJonesJeeper because he is the man.

Luckily for me, my brake master cylinder decided to crap out on me after winching the red TJ down the last rock. My descent was a bit nerve racking, but I made it.

The rest of the trail is a series of switchbacks and ledges with a scenic decent down the mountain.

On to the pics!
wr1.jpg
wr2.jpg
wr3.jpg
wr4.jpg
wr5.jpg
wr6.jpg
wr7.jpg
wr8.jpg

Last edited:
You guys have some serious nuts to wheel those spots, right on man.

(you may want to steer clear of #RobMcGee he seems to be interested in grabbing a pair today)

Great ride. I was bummed we had to bail Sunday morning but there's always next time. For me the best line of the weekend was when I leaned it over when we first got to the ridge and my wife looks at me and said, "I shouldn't have come" :lol: You had to be there but when you first roll up the trail you have to cut 90° to get on the main section. You literally lean it over and look 1000' down to the valley floor. Good times. I'm glad we did it.

Great ride. I was bummed we had to bail Sunday morning but there's always next time. For me the best line of the weekend was when I leaned it over when we first got to the ridge and my wife looks at me and said, "I shouldn't have come" :lol: You had to be there but when you first roll up the trail you have to cut 90° to get on the main section. You literally lean it over and look 1000' down to the valley floor. Good times. I'm glad we did it.

Oh, really?
entrance3.jpg
entrance.jpg
entrance2.jpg

Oh hell yeah!

Looks like a pretty fun trail. I've read you access this trail from somewhere other than the main trail head? or can you get there through the trail system too?

She's just mad that your wheeling habit interrupted her 18th century English novel.
I can edit if need be. Just holla.
This is true. How can Heathcliff be better than wheelin'?

Back