so what's on the grill tonight?

propane or charcoal

• propane

Votes: 25 34.2%
  • charcoal/ lump wood

Votes: 48 65.8%

• Total voters
Well, no "action" shots but the remains of Baby Backs getting ready to find their slumber in the freezer for the next need for Q!

auploads.tapatalk_cdn.com_20160424_d34d3fa9dae5197ccdf9bac4b85f3243.jpg

Sent from my HP-41C during a flashback to 1978.

Any trick to these? Been wanting to try but a little scared to waste all those veggies and meat if it fails.

Sent from my Z750C using Tapatalk
auploads.tapatalk_cdn.com_20160430_c1e8e62e34cb356f313a34152387f9fb.jpg
soak the sticks in water for at least an hour over night is better. It cooks fast so you don't really have to worry about them to burning in half unless you don't soak them

Got one lb of wings and 6 lbs of thighs marinading for tomorrow. A bad ass arborist friend is going to drop two big sketchy oaks and a stump growth cherry with a 5 deep Medusa head that are all 14". Oh and all this is within spitting distance of my house, shed and power lines.

I'm going to have to try the cabbage hobo packet! I love that idea. How long do you typically let it roast?

Cut it into to 1/4s, butter the wedge and season how you like (I add Cajun sometimes) and grill it about 10 on each side.

Any trick to these? Been wanting to try but a little scared to waste all those veggies and meat if it fails.

Sent from my Z750C using Tapatalk

We always marinade the veggies and meat separate. Soak the sticks and load them with segregated veggies and different meats. They cook at different times given the same temp.

Slid off skewer onto plate as needed for perfectly grilled veggies, chicken, steak and shrimps.

I wanted to punch my then girl friend when she told me this, but I must admit that wife was right on that one...

Peaches and honey?

Yeah, peaches are great on the grill. Cut them in half, take out the pit, throw them on a hot grill for awhile to caramelize the fruit sugars. The cut side takes a little bit, but it's the best side. Take them off, let them cool a little, drizzle with honey. Enjoy.
If you do it right, you can cook them while a steak comes off and is resting, and let them cool during dinner for a nice desert after.

I will have to try that!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

looks like the crowds steppin it up, going to have to try the peaches, cabbage too

Back