so what's on the grill tonight?

propane or charcoal

• propane

Votes: 25 34.2%
  • charcoal/ lump wood

Votes: 48 65.8%

• Total voters
Why does everyone like the green egg thing??

Are there not other decent grills out there?
The Kamado Joe grill is similar to the Green Egg and cost a little less but is not as well built. I bought a Kamado first due to the price over the Green Egg and found out it's a good grill but does not cook as well as the Egg. Took the Kamado to the lake and bought an Egg for the house. We cook almost everyday on the Egg everything from Pizza, vegetables, meats, biscuits, pies/cakes, thanksgiving turkey's.

I want one of these. It's called La Caja China. Cook inside the box and on top at the same time.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Well, pit is clean.
auploads.tapatalk_cdn.com_20160417_c871494505c2633dbd4d5969fa40f97d.jpg

Wings I'll have to let you know later. Burning grease and liberal application of cooking spray has left me with no tastebuds!
auploads.tapatalk_cdn.com_20160417_05cf3cb0d1f36b03b8d2fe91ee5973ed.jpg

Sent from my HP-41C during a flashback to 1978.

Salmon tonight. Seasoned up with PT's seasoning. I already ate it, so no pictures. It was damn good though.
PT's is a burger joint around the Wilmington area. I frequent the one on military cutoff. They sell a seasoning that they put on their fries. I swear you can put it on anything and make it delicious. Fish, chicken, burgers, turds, you name it.

Salmon tonight. Seasoned up with PT's seasoning. I already ate it, so no pictures. It was damn good though.
PT's is a burger joint around the Wilmington area. I frequent the one on military cutoff. They sell a seasoning that they put on their fries. I swear you can put it on anything and make it delicious. Fish, chicken, burgers, turds, you name it.
I was brought up eating at the original pts, was a Saturday thing with me, my bro and dad. Even though there are many pts now I still go to the original in between dicks and hotwax surf shop, pt still flips burgers there on occasion. About 2 years ago my grandpa was in hospice down by the hospital probably ate at that one 20 times or more in 2 weeks.

I was brought up eating at the original pts, was a Saturday thing with me, my bro and dad. Even though there are many pts now I still go to the original in between dicks and hotwax surf shop, pt still flips burgers there on occasion. About 2 years ago my grandpa was in hospice down by the hospital probably ate at that one 20 times or more in 2 weeks.
I love that place. It's probably a good thing I don't live any closer. That's always been my post surf/beach food.

So it's an $800 webber? Got it. :D

No.
The ceramic is the key difference.
1- I can get my egg up to 850 F for searing.
2- I can also get it to 250, leave. Go spen 6 hours on the lake, come back and its still 250. dead nuts. and my slow smoke is done. No adding and constant fiddling with temp control.

Sure you can do smoke on whatever, but the precise temp control is the key.

I didn't buy mine, I left my girlfriend at the time for a week to go to east tn fly fishing when I got back it was sitting on the deck. I would have never paid that kind of money, however it cooks like nothing else and I enjoy it. I can put a boston butt in before bed and take it out the next morning and it will be done. Holds heat like nothing else

We had pork chops (on the Weber) and pancakes for breakfast yesterday morning to celebrate my dad's birthday this week. @shawn said it was weird grilling without a beer. Even at 8:30am, and on a Sunday, I don't think anyone in attendance would have held it against him. :lol:

We had pork chops (on the Weber) and pancakes for breakfast yesterday morning to celebrate my dad's birthday this week. @shawn said it was weird grilling without a beer. Even at 8:30am, and on a Sunday, I don't think anyone in attendance would have held it against him. :lol:
Oh, hell no! Grillin without a beer?! We'll have to fix that... ;-)

Oh, hell no! Grillin without a beer?! We'll have to fix that... ;-)

He had plenty of encouragement. I even offered to put some Irish whiskey in his coffee, if he felt that was more appropriate.

Lol, I usually put mint snapps in my coffee while vacationing, makes me feel like my old homeroom teacher, Miss Chancey (Idk if that feeling is smart or closet drunk though).

Sent from my Z750C using Tapatalk

He had plenty of encouragement. I even offered to put some Irish whiskey in his coffee, if he felt that was more appropriate.

Irish whiskey in his coffee, huh? I didn't realize he was that sophisticated. Did he have his afternoon tea also?

Burgers with diced green peppers, onions and sharp cheddar mixed into the meat. Quarters of cabbage with butter and garlic pepper, and mixed veggies tossed in olive oil and steak seasoning.
auploads.tapatalk_cdn.com_20160424_9a088ebb46c10789e84848364e13bfbe.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back