So Mom's looking for a new car..

Macdaddy4738

Her dreams came true when some one rear ended her 16 year old van and totaled it...

So now shes looking for a new car.

Shes searching for a SUV type thing...not red (or silver apparently..)

Anyone know of anything local...probably year 2000 and above. Hickory area would be good, but I imagine we could travel to get it.

She probably wouldnt be adverse to a car...but she needs something a bit larger..trunk space wise.

Any help?

not an actual one for sale...but I'd highly recommend looking at the Honda Pilots...

we bought a used one about 6 months ago and couldn't be more pleased...

Greg

I have an 01 GMC Yukon (same as chevy tahoe) for sale....

I have an 01 GMC Yukon (same as chevy tahoe) for sale....

That one is probably too big for her. She complained about how big the van was ALL the time.

I will let her know about the pilot though. She was really interested in the Kia Sportage...but I guess the dealer wasnt interested in selling one, and thus my dad never had anything else to do with them.

not an actual one for sale...but I'd highly recommend looking at the Honda Pilots...

we bought a used one about 6 months ago and couldn't be more pleased...

Greg

I'm with Greg on this one.
We just bought a Pitlot too (3 mos ago) and find it peppy, roomy and well laid out. It's the size of an Explorer but has more useable interior space!
Fake 4wd, but we'll just need it occasionally.
Be carefull for the 04 tranny:lol:

Check out the Kia Sorento at Paramount. We went in to get one and really liked them, the only difficulty for us, at the time, was that the Sedona had 2x the rebate and we were upside down in the wife's car, so we went with it.
2006-Kia-Sorento-06832081990001.JPG

They have been applauded by 4Wheel and off road since they started building them. I have drive a few and they seem more like a little Lexus than a inexpensive Korean made vehicle.
I think the '06-'07 has a 3.8L v6 with around 230 hp, plus a 10 year warranty and a 5 star safety rating.

Yea my dad actually found one of those for her, was willing to purchase..

She didnt like the color, and wants a sportage..

Considering she has driven the same beatup car for 14 years...i think she deserves to get to choose exactly what she wants this time around.

so the Van is indeed totaled..

however my sister is apparently deathly ill again, so the car has taken a back seat.

she got one now....

Brand new 2007 Kia Sportage off the lot apparently. Black, 4wd.

I guess my dad just went out and got it for her, along with the flames, or stripes, or whatever the hell shes been going on about for the past 6 years...

Back