so I decided to bake a cake

Dylan W.

lone resident of Bro-Lite Island
I started with some great sounding ingredients. Then I found this when the oven beeped.
20160221_211312.jpg

Glad you didn't have any oranges on hand!

Looks delicious! Served with whip cream and maybe some kulua.

They make these great pans to bake cakes in. Their called... ...cake pans. :D
What, doesn't everybody use a skillet to make cakes?

My recipe said skillet. That, and I freaked my wife out by proving her stupid pampered chef pan would hold up in the oven. It did great!

That's why expensive skillets have all-metal handles, they're designed to sear or whatever on the stove and then finish in the oven. It's good that the pampered chef pan could take it without the handle melting, I'm surprised.

That's why expensive skillets have all-metal handles, they're designed to sear or whatever on the stove and then finish in the oven. It's good that the pampered chef pan could take it without the handle melting, I'm surprised.
Supposed to be good all the way up to 450. I cooked the cake at 425 for 50 mins. The handle was hot, but I managed to grab it,barehanded, for a couple seconds to figure that out. Just hot..no burns though. I actually used my shirt sleeve to grab it and move it to the cooling rack.

Supposed to be good all the way up to 450. I cooked the cake at 425 for 50 mins. The handle was hot, but I managed to grab it,barehanded, for a couple seconds to figure that out. Just hot..no burns though. I actually used my shirt sleeve to grab it and move it to the cooling rack.

She lets you bake a cake, and then you make it in a skillet and don't know what an oven mitt is. Did she laugh at you? :D

My dad gave me a Lodge brand silicone cover that fits on the handles of my cast iron skillets...

I put them and the all-clad pans in the oven on the reg.

I almost never remember that stupid cover.

I've only burned myself two or three times, forgetting the handle has also been in the oven. :lol:

She lets you bake a cake, and then you make it in a skillet and don't know what an oven mitt is. Did she laugh at you? :D
No...she didn't let me..I just did it. Lol
Oven mitts are great..I was just testing this handle. It was much much cooler than you'd think. She wasn't laughing at all...she was hawking her hundred dollar frying pan, prolly hoping it was ruin so she could hit me with it

Back