She's a keeper!

Jody Treadway

Croc wearing fool
Watching Xtreme Off Road on DVR with Lisa currently. On this week's episode they are "building" a 10 Bolt for a Scout project.
The female host was demonstrating how to install a new ring and pinion with Detroit Locker. She's obviously a rookie and didn't know the correct axle parts terminology.

I heard my wife yelling from across the living room the following:
"Crush sleeve, not crush bearing"
"You're painting the ring gear, not the pinion. Geez"
And finally, what cemented my love and admiration for her: "That's a crap pattern! It's not even touching!"

Gonna keep her around a while!

Last edited:
I watched that episode this morning as well. I muscled through the whole episode, but I’ll never watch another one.

I watched that episode this morning as well. I muscled through the whole episode, but I’ll never watch another one.

It's pretty bad. I'm pretty understanding of giving them time to get comfortable and acquainted with the show. But they seem to lack general auto knowledge.
Time will tell...

I started reading this hoping you weren't talking about that host being "the keeper"

I know nothing about setting ring and pinion but I knew she was doing it incorrectly with that half-ass paint job

Larger (marginally) bearing diameter

When I heard they were building an expedition scout with an LS they lost me period. Scout's should be kept pure as possible IMHO! LS should only be used in a Chevy..... Just my .02 on that show. As for your wife yea she sounds like a definite keeper!

am I wrong?

Not at all.
I as more mocking the bowtie morons who will pull a 10b in favor of a d44...while it's largely a negligible debate a 10b is marginally stronger

Watching Xtreme Off Road on DVR with Lisa currently. On this week's episode they are "building" a 10 Bolt for a Scout project.
The female host was demonstrating how to install a new ring and pinion with Detroit Locker. She's obviously a rookie and didn't know the correct axle parts terminology.

And finally, what cemented my love and admiration for her: "That's a crap pattern! It's not even touching!"

Lisa should be your new shop Forman.

When I heard they were building an expedition scout with an LS they lost me period. Scout's should be kept pure as possible IMHO! LS should only be used in a Chevy..... Just my .02 on that show. As for your wife yea she sounds like a definite keeper!

I don’t know if I can call you a friend anymore. One day I will have a 800A with a 4.3 for a Daily driver

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That episode kind of put a bad taste in my mouth, too. The gear setup looked like crap, regardless... I also was hollering at the tv when she said crush bearing... there was something else wrong when she was removing the pinion, but I can't remember at the moment.

I know I'll sound a bit like a hypocrite bitching about their build considering my current combination, but I was thinking the whole time "you're doing a show with a Scout that's LS powered on 37" tires and 10 bolts??" If Ian was still there, it would have automatically been put on tons, no questions asked.

Did you also see the new spring hangars the guy fabbed for the rear springs?

BTW, your wife needs to talk to my wife... get mine on board knowing SOMETHING about anything with automotive repair/parts.

That episode kind of put a bad taste in my mouth, too. The gear setup looked like crap, regardless... I also was hollering at the tv when she said crush bearing... there was something else wrong when she was removing the pinion, but I can't remember at the moment.

I know I'll sound a bit like a hypocrite bitching about their build considering my current combination, but I was thinking the whole time "you're doing a show with a Scout that's LS powered on 37" tires and 10 bolts??" If Ian was still there, it would have automatically been put on tons, no questions asked.

Did you also see the new spring hangars the guy fabbed for the rear springs?

BTW, your wife needs to talk to my wife... get mine on board knowing SOMETHING about anything with automotive repair/parts.

Those rear front hangers was some redneck shit

My wife was raised in a drag racing/gearhead family. When we announced our engagement to her family (at Bristol Dragway, mind you), it was made very clear I was to have a 10 second 1/4 mile Mustang in order to get the blessing.

Last edited:
My wife’s only automotive knowledge is a spark plug. That’s her go to anytime something is wrong “maybe it’s the spark plug”.

One time, and one time only she was right about the lawnmower not running. I said no that’s not it, but it turned out is was the spark plug after all. Her head was big about that for weeks.

I don’t know if I can call you a friend anymore. One day I will have a 800A with a 4.3 for a Daily driver

Ugh... no you should not LS the world......

My wife was raised in a drag racing/gearhead family. When we announced our engagement to her family (at Bristol Dragway, mind you), it was made very clear I was to have a 10 second 1/4 mile Mustang in order to get the blessing.
So you built a 10 sec 1/4 ranger on 43's! I like your style! ;)

Back