[Sep 7, 2012] 2012 CNC-4x4 Annual Beach Bash (Carolina Beach, NC)

/dev/yj

Ralph Graw
The CNC-4x4 club's annual Beach Bash will be held September 7-9 at Carolina Beach at the "north end" (Freeman Park).

This event is similar to our Spring and Fall flings, but less about planned activities - mostly a day or three to hang at the beach and enjoy each the company of like-minded folks.

As an official club event, the Beach Bash can be used to satisfy the club's requirement for new members to attend at least one event before joining - so we encourage anybody interested in the club to stop by, visit, get to know us, and see if they're interested in becoming a member.

You'll find us easily enough as we'll be flying the club's banner, with the official gathering at 12:00pm on Saturday the 8th. So come out to enjoy what we hope to be a great weekend at the beach and meet some CNC-4x4 folks!

Official Beach Bash page

Yes, driving on the beach is allowed within Freeman Park, which is our destination at CB. A 4x4 is not strictly required, although highly recommended as the sand can get very deep and soft in places, notably the entrance right off the pavement - particularly embarrasing to get stuck there. There is also a small city pay parking lot within a couple blocks for those without appropriate vehicles. More info on our page above, which also includes links to info on the park, rules about camping, fires, dogs, etc.

Hope to see you there!

I will be there! camping all weekend, Ralph ill send you an email once i have my head count

Anyone know if you can take a small trailer on the beach? I have a M416 that has an RTT on it that I would like to bring down.

Sadly, no. The CB town manager has the discretion to provide an exception but has so far declined. Anybody who'd like to suggest these types of trailers are not an issue on the beach (as compared to launching boats, jet skiis, tag along campers, car haulers, etc.) can contact Town Manager Tim Owens at (910)458-2996, tim.owens@carolinabeach.org. Maybe there's strength in numbers.

Back