Secondhand Tin Can.

Go look at how @adamk did his, basic just welded in a crossmember just aft of the tcase. The Barnes kit is cheaper, and I can sell you the tube you need.

Okay, ill see if i can find a picture of his. The barnes is out of stock I'm also thinking about going with the TMR one it is very similar to the barnes.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

my old build thread should have pictures of it all. I made the crossmember 3 pieces so the center could be dropped if the trans or TC needed to be pulled.

Send them a message, have had that before where it showed put of stock when they really had it.

Traction bar is going to have to wait til after the new year to get built and installed. Im still not 100% sure I'm getting axle wrap.

I ended up ordering mastercraft nomad seats and along with a set of prp harnesses. My driver seat is to the point its unsafe. It has about 4 to 5 inches of side to side movement. It is something in the back of the seat that broke because the base doesn't move.

I'm planning to mount the waist portion of the harness to the seat bolts, the shoulders to the harness bar and the between the leg strap with a sandwich plate.

Or should I use sandwich plates with tabs for everything but the shoulders?

I had the lap belt bolted to the factory seat belt locations. The submarine belt just bolted to the seat mount and the shoulders went off the harness bar
Did you add a tab to the center of the seat mount?

For the submarine I did. I just remembered that your seat belt mount for the buckle is attached to the seat base. Mine being older mounted to the trans tunnel. Either way should be fine though.

20201103_152812.jpg
20201103_152502.jpg
I got the brackets in today. I went head pulled the passenger seat out just to see how the adapter brackets worked since they didn't come with instructions. When I called mastercraft they said they don't have instructions for them. In order for the brackets to work you have to remove the thick welded washers from the slide. You have to do this inorder to actually have threads showing on the pressed in studs.

I got the brackets set in and the slide loosend up since im going to use two of its mounting locations for my harnesses.

I'm going to drill out the hole for one of the bolts in the back so I can use an actual bolt and nut through the floor instead of the stamped and threaded nut thing it currently has. Then use the stud on the other side. Im debating a tab or just bolt hole on the front cross bracket for the submarine belt.
20201103_152741.jpg
20201103_152744.jpg

I'm hoping once the seats get here I will be able to easily tell which way these go on once the seats get here.

Attachments

• 20201103_152529.jpg
    20201103_152529.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 154
  • 20201103_152442.jpg
    20201103_152442.jpg
    218.9 KB · Views: 138
  • 20201103_152452.jpg
    20201103_152452.jpg
    172.6 KB · Views: 147
Seats came in today along with the harnesses. Only down side to the seats is im not going to be able to use any of the harness slots except for the anti submarine slot. I also hope they soften up after some use. Hopefully i will get them mounted up tomorrow afternoon or Saturday. They will definitely be in before the veterans day event at ure.
b767a917192a42afa006318155341140.jpg

I officially have the seats and harnesses in. I end up just drilling a hole in the seat bracket for the anti submarine strap. I need to put some more padding on my b pillar since it is so close to my head.
e22de23a21e00bbf8b3c46d7c86d57ac.jpg

What is an anti-submarine strap?

Well I have managed to trash another trackbar bushing. This time it was a poly bushing. Instead of just replacing bushing and hoping it lasts lo get than a few trips. Ive decide to just build a new track bar with heim joints.

My son has this Iron man track bar for sale. Just the track bar the brackets and brace are still on the jeep. Let me know if you would be interested.
IMG_2065_4a581b2e-a8d4-4494-a257-a41dd024abf7_300x.jpg

XJ Track Bar System
Thank you but that was the first one I trashed.

Thank you but that was the first one I trashed.

I want to clarify why I trashed it. There is no doubt that it is beefy. It got trashed because my track bar bracket on the axel side was toasted. It lasted over 2 years with daily driving and light abuse. When I went to an over the axel track bar we modified it to make it shorter and use a poly bushing.
6eba247c9d01e7865a60fbae3f565c6f.jpg

I continue to trash those bushings in my XJ. I’m not sure why, I’m so easy on it.

But if I cared about that Jeep in the slightest I would build a track bar with heim joints and never look back.

I continue to trash those bushings in my XJ. I’m not sure why, I’m so easy on it.

But if I cared about that Jeep in the slightest I would build a track bar with heim joints and never look back.
I still care about mine some what. I like having mine in a state that I could drive it to work or around town if I had to. I know at some point I'm going to ditch the radius arms and go three link. That is probably going to happen once I wear out the bushings on the arms.

I still care about mine some what. I like having mine in a state that I could drive it to work or around town if I had to. I know at some point I'm going to ditch the radius arms and go three link. That is probably going to happen once I wear out the bushings on the arms.

I was just making a joke about how I don’t care about mine and totally abuse it. I know you care about your Jeep a great deal, I was saying I am in favor of using heims instead of bushings, once you do that you shouldn’t have a problem and I doubt you notice any harsh driving effects.

I simply don’t care enough to spend the money to build a new track bar for mine own pile.

I was just making a joke about how I don’t care about mine and totally abuse it. I know you care about your Jeep a great deal, I was saying I am in favor of using heims instead of bushings, once you do that you shouldn’t have a problem and I doubt you notice any harsh driving effects.

I simply don’t care enough to spend the money to build a new track bar for mine own pile.
Lol I know you were joking. I don't mind breaking and having to fix mine after a fun weekend but I try to build it to avoid it.

I dont think I will feel that much of a difference with the heims since it already had an enduro joint on one end.

Got my new track bar burned together. Going to paint it up tomorrow and get it thrown in on Wednesday.
96469611564322a492551c5f24ac7059.jpg

Got the track bar in. It is with in 4 degrees of my drag link. The lower bolt hole on the axle side is covered by my truss slightly. If this was driven on the street more I would trim the truss so I could use the bolt hole.
cfccee024ee3053f6924f281a1f3eeec.jpg

Got the track bar in. It is with in 4 degrees of my drag link. The lower bolt hole on the axle side is covered by my truss slightly. If this was driven on the street more I would trim the truss so I could use the bolt hole.
cfccee024ee3053f6924f281a1f3eeec.jpg

I wouldn’t sweat it man!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Took the jeep out for a short test drive today then about a 30 minute round trip. It drives amazingly. Didn't realize that the play I did have in my steering wheel was from the bad track bar bushing. I only get a little bit of bump steer on major bumps.

Next thing is i have a vibration on the drivers side near my feet when I'm idling on slight incline. I think i might have bumped the exhuast when I was drilling the bracket out.

Back