Seats for a Jeep

drkelly

Dipstick who put two vehicles on jack stands
The bottom seat cushion in my YJ is shot (torn cover and foam with metal wire sticking out). I need to replace the seat. This isn't a buggy, so I want a seat that is reasonably easy to get in and out of. I'm thinking about the Corbeau Moab seats. I like these because they can be used with the stock seat belts, but have the option of upgrading for use with 4 point harnesses later. Any opinions on seats for a Jeep that will be driven on the road some, and also wheeled?

Corbeau Moab Vinyl Reclining Front Seat Pair for 76-18 Jeep CJ-5, CJ-7, CJ-8 Scrambler, Wrangler YJ, TJ, JK & Unlimited

corbeau-moab-black-seats.jpg

Last edited:
I used my JP wides with the stock belt until I could get a harness.

They're comfy as hell ON and off road. I was actually shocked how much better I felt after a whole day being in these. If you've ever experienced a Corbin seat on a motorcycle compared to a stock, it's very similar. MUCH better foam than stock, and really eases the fatigue. Plus, the wide version is actually narrow than the standard and are much easier to get in and out of

20180309_080235.jpg

I used my JP wides with the stock belt until I could get a harness.

They're comfy as hell ON and off road. I was actually shocked how much better I felt after a whole day being in these. If you've ever experienced a Corbin seat on a motorcycle compared to a stock, it's very similar. MUCH better foam than stock, and really eases the fatigue. Plus, the wide version is actually narrow than the standard and are much easier to get in and out of

View attachment 274305
You need to clean that nasty sob.

I bought those exact ones @drkelly

They feel nice. I like them. Def take some getting used to with the way they hug your spine (not hug your whole back). Just whatever you do, dont get vinyl. IT. DOES. NOT. BREATH. Youll get swamp ass after 10 minutes with the top down in 70 degree weather....

Plus, the wide version is actually narrow than the standard and are much easier to get in and out of

Can you explain what you mean here? In the market and...its pertinent.

Can you explain what you mean here? In the market and...its pertinent.
Overall width of the jp wides is a touch narrower than the standard jp's.

Edit: JP's are 22" wide and JP Wide's are 21"

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Overall width of the jp wides is a touch narrower than the standard jp's.

Edit: JP's are 22" wide and JP Wide's are 21"

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

So the wides are smaller than the standards?
Is it a shoulder vs hips thing?
Are they wider anywhere?
If not what kinda confusing marketing idiot named the narrow seats wides.

So the wides are smaller than the standards?
Is it a shoulder vs hips thing?
Are they wider anywhere?
If not what kinda confusing marketing idiot named the narrow seats wide's.

The wide's are wider at the hips and touch at the shoulders in the seat itself not overall width. Essentially the wide's have smaller hip bolsters and you don't sit as far down in the seat as the standard ones.

baja-jp-wide-la_1_1.jpg

baja-jp-la_3.jpg

Thansk for the derail...now Ive got to find a pair of each to sit in.

I didn't want vinyl for the ass burn factor, so I went with PRP daily driver Summit series seats. They ran a special at Thanksgiving to get custom color for the same price as the standard. Comfortable to my skinny ass, and has mesh in the bottom to drain water and vent farts. I'm satisfied.

I have the belts set up to use standard shoulder belts on the road or bolt in 5-points for a trail weekend.

7228197375f207f81f4fbd30adf04857.jpg

I didn't want vinyl for the ass burn factor, so I went with PRP daily driver Summit series seats. They ran a special at Thanksgiving to get custom color for the same price as the standard. Comfortable to my skinny ass, and has mesh in the bottom to drain water and vent farts. I'm satisfied.

I have the belts set up to use standard shoulder belts on the road or bolt in 5-points for a trail weekend.

7228197375f207f81f4fbd30adf04857.jpg

Where did you buy those?

Don't buy the wides unless you're +38" at the waist.

Back