School me on LED tail lights

shawn

running dog lackey of the oppressor class
Administrator
My trailer has the oval grommet-style LED tail lights on it already. Unfortunately, one of them is busted and only halfway works. I hunted around, hoping to find a matching replacement, but no dice. So I think I'll replace all of them.

Problem is.... how is a person supposed to know what to buy? There are dozens of companies making/rebadging these things. And even if you manage to narrow it down to one of them, let's say Optronics... they make no less than six different LED fixtures in my size.

So does anybody have the inside scoop? What to look for, what to look out for? I think the only real requirements I have is that I want them to have red lenses, and I want the best bang for my buck... something durable and bright, but not too expensive.

I was in the truck parts business for a pretty good while.
CCC off Atando (See Wayne) is the place to go. Fleetpride and Stone will have them too. Grote and Signal Stat are the top shelf stuff. They have different quality lines within each brand, so ask them to show you both. Stone Truck parts has a line called VSM that are cheap but good quality. See Todd.

Back