School me on Battery Terminals

upnover

Grumpy, decrepit Old Man
I run two batteries. I have several different terminals on them. Not really happy with any of them.
I want some that won't split, bend, can tighten tight. I want some that will fit the battery without having to beat them down. And they must be able to accept large lugs from winches and so on. I like the wing nut for the cable lug connections.

These are what I use:
https://www.amazon.com/Audew-Milita...-spec+battery+terminals&qid=1573651542&sr=8-4

Have had them on multiple rigs and never had issue. Trick with battery terminals is to not over tighten them, they're made of soft metals, not steel so they'll deform before they ever get really tight.

I'm slowly starting to convert all my vehicals over to these also. I ordered that kit for the first one I did but now prefer the old school led type. Napa can get these also.

These are what I use:
https://www.amazon.com/Audew-Milita...-spec+battery+terminals&qid=1573651542&sr=8-4

Have had them on multiple rigs and never had issue. Trick with battery terminals is to not over tighten them, they're made of soft metals, not steel so they'll deform before they ever get really tight.

My WJ ECM was tripping out before I converted to these. Also don’t let the parts store jack ass change your battery. They destroy cable terminals.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can't recommend a terminal end because I have mine set up using regular cables from advance and a junction block off the Ford solenoid for add ons, but just wanted to add you should never beat a battery cable on a battery. Best case it'll crack the plastic housing letting gasses out around the terminal causing the powdery corrosion. Worst case it can crack the lead strap connecting the terminal to the plates internally. They make battery cable pliers to open the cable up so it will fit the terminal. It's not unusual to have to open up new cables or repair ends to fit either post.

Attachments

• 2019-11-13 10.34.31.jpg
    2019-11-13 10.34.31.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 193
Here's a better picture.

Attachments

• 2019-11-13 10.41.05.jpg
    2019-11-13 10.41.05.jpg
    105.6 KB · Views: 195
Just for an alternate veiw point/another option....

I know this guy and buy a lot of products from them...

Custom Made Battery Cable Order Form | Custom Battery Cables

They have some ends but the better product from them is ordering what you want built to your spec for

I looked at some of his stuff. Decent selection. I don't need cables, just the terminal that firs on the battery post. And, he has those, at decent prices to boot. But, from what I read, the shipping is what would or might kill that deal.

I'll run "marine" terminals which is the kind posted first above. On side post batteries, I use a bolt and nut, stack terminals, thread in fully and tighten nut down. Either seem to work pretty well. (Especially combined with liquid tape on the terminal to insulation to seal out battery juices from getting inside the wire and terminal)

Following along because I’ve got to relocate the k5 battery to somewhere else. Tire will kiss it a full stuff on the passenger side.

Back