Say goodbye to hubs?

Jason924R

p7.JPG

:confused:

Is that mold on the outside of the hub?

please tell me something else didnt break, you are having some tough luck man with ur yota... I feel for ya mines broke as hell too

i dont know but you did waste your money getting warn hubs. asians (sp) will kick warn arse all day long

It just looks like you have a leaky seal... no big deal at all.

Whats the big deal about a chunked up bump stop? It will still serve its purpose for a while, and it can't be that expensive. :confused:

Jason924R said:
I was just expanding on thebluyak's comment about me having tough luck.

I'm not gonna get on my soap box here, but.. You have a modified vehicle that you have admittedly been hard on.

Things wear out. This ain't your Honda Civic anymore.. you need to stay on top of things, and accept the fact that parts are going to wear out and fail faster than they would on a stock vehicle.

It sucks, and as usual, it's never the right time for something to fail.

My first car was a TOTAL money pit.. wheel bearings every year, CV joints every 6 months, shifter linkages seemingly every few months, and, um, ahem, a clutch every year or so as well. Why? I was hard as hell on it, had modified the engine, and had lowered it ALOT, putting tons of stress on the front end parts.

Rich said:
I'm not gonna get on my soap box here, but.. You have a modified vehicle that you have admittedly been hard on.

Things wear out. This ain't your Honda Civic anymore.. you need to stay on top of things, and accept the fact that parts are going to wear out and fail faster than they would on a stock vehicle.

It sucks, and as usual, it's never the right time for something to fail.

My first car was a TOTAL money pit.. wheel bearings every year, CV joints every 6 months, shifter linkages seemingly every few months, and, um, ahem, a clutch every year or so as well. Why? I was hard as hell on it, had modified the engine, and had lowered it ALOT, putting tons of stress on the front end parts.

I understand these things, I just didnt know if the fluid flying out meant something worse than a seal needing replacement.

It might... tear into it, and make sure the wheel bearings are good, etc..

There's really not a heck of alot out there that can go bad.

And in the Warn's defense, if they are kept tight and checked, they aren't all that bad.. they just don't have the cone washers to keep 'em tight. The aisin's are only slightly stronger, but since you see more failed warn hubs, they MUST be crap.. :rolleyes:

Back