Save the Manuals!

And here I've always been too poor to even afford "scheduled maint" on any BMW I've owned. I hate to THINK what it would cost to maintain a high HP one :(
Oil change every 5k, spark plugs every 15k. I'm changing all the fluids at 50k.

BUT, there's a cheat code. FCPeuro offers a lifetime warranty on everything they sell, including fluids. All you have to do is buy the fluid and send your old fluids back to them and they'll credit your account for the full purchase price. So really, an oil and filter change, or spark plug change, whatever, will only cost you the price of shipping.

Nice ride. I had one a few years back that was tuned. It was one fun car to drive and fast af! When the car hit 60k i had two water pumps and a starter go out inside of 90 days. You may, or may not know that the water pumps in those are electric and made out of plastic...go figure. After that debacle she got canned and replaced with a '17 M3.

Nice ride. I had one a few years back that was tuned. It was one fun car to drive and fast af! When the car hit 60k i had two water pumps and a starter go out inside of 90 days. You may, or may not know that the water pumps in those are electric and made out of plastic...go figure. After that debacle she got canned and replaced with a '17 M3.
Yeah, it's a blast to drive, and I read about the weak water pumps. Oh well. I'm putting almost 2k into a clutch in it next week (a 550i clutch), already done about 8k in mods and planning another 7k-ish. I've sunk way more into it already than I'll ever get back out of it, so I'm gonna have to get my investment back out with pure driving enjoyment! :D:bounce::bounce2::driver::rockon:

Yeah, it's a blast to drive, and I read about the weak water pumps. Oh well. I'm putting almost 2k into a clutch in it next week (a 550i clutch), already done about 8k in mods and planning another 7k-ish. I've sunk way more into it already than I'll ever get back out of it, so I'm gonna have to get my investment back out with pure driving enjoyment! :D:bounce::bounce2::driver::rockon:

Hell yea, do it! Just wanted to let you know about the pumps in case you didn't know...they ain't cheap either :beer:

Reminds me of the wife's 330i where the expansion tank was mounted to the side of the radiator and looked to be made of a plastic milk jug. Split right down the center seam at 100k miles..... wasn't cheap, AND the replacement had the same build "quality"

Given that ALL BMW's have cooling system reserve measured in tablespoons and the temp gauge buffered (takes seconds to overheat before you'd even notice the red light on the gauge)... We've always followed the "replace ALL that shat every 75K" mantra = very small investment compared to replacing an annealed block with the consistency of softened butter :D

Back