Saturday at the Rock...

i was thinking on it, but i believe i'll head to freaky friday tonight at nam instead. post pics and times. :D

P.S. anyone got a video cam? I want to get this on video...

You can bet this guy will be there. I will also be running, but not the cummins, the wifes silverado ss, just to see what it will do. I'll keep an eye out for ya Rich.

What do you figure your truck will run? It should atleast see low 15s high 14s right?

I've got access to a video camera and have a digital that can take a lot of video. let me know if want me to record your runs.

Doubt it.. my junk is 8000lbs, I'll be happy in the 15's. I can't pwoerbrake as much as I want to.. no billet input shaft yet.

I'd love to have the runs recorded, especially one from INSIDE (if you wanna go shotgun)

Cool man, no problem, I need to ride in a fast cummins anyway. I'll find ya. I should be there about 630-700.

Kyle

I'm leaving now... will be wearing a blue/black DTT hat...

Good to meet ya Kyle, even if only for a few minutes (where did ya go?) I was running within .1 sec for 3 runs, so I entered the points race for the cash.. well... The truck sat for so long, and the track must have gotten faster, but I turned my best time of the night (15.5 @ 85), breaking out by 3/4 of a second.. :rolleyes: I wasn't even building boost at the line, whereas I was beforehand, trying to get a good time. my guess - heatsoak.

Oh well, it was a fun time...

Well, everything was kinda slowing down about 10 o'clock and i could see that my wife was not having the time of her life, so i decided to cut it short. sorry about not getting any video from inside the truck, but i did get your race with the fast white dually and your race against me.

Not exactly sure on how to post a video, will a picture hosting site host videos? if so i can do it.

I honestly thought since no diesels ran for a while that not enought trucks signed up for the bracket racing, so i figured the action was over with. sorry rich.

Did you dyno the truck again after your recent repairs?

Oh yeah, the SS ran a best of 15.119 at 88.88 so i was happy with that, i was guessing it was gonna be between 14.9 and 15.3.
Now to start the mods to it. its a never ending battle with every vehicle i've ever had. :rolleyes:

This was the first dyno after the timing advance... But, since my last run was on a dynojet and this was a Mustang, it appears I picked up a bit over 20 rwhp with the timing change from comparing a few different numbers.. :) My torque reading was worthless IMO.

Kevin - do you buy that torque reading? Just from looking at tons of other readouts, the CTD's seem to be around 2x the HP in torque.. That night, it was more like 3x... very strange.

Tim Barber's truck did right at 600hp, and 12xxlb-ft down in Jacksonville on the dynojet, which seems to jive, but that 12v truck with the big ZOOM decal did something like 800+lb-ft with mid 200's on HP on the Mustang?

Very strange..

I know it didn't sound right to me either. Honestly the torque should be pretty close, but the hp was way low. Like you said it should be about 2 to 1. I'd still like to get it on another dyno around here and see what comes up.

Everybody liked it when it happended. :) The zoom guy even came up and shook my hand afterward.

Waiting on it...

Back