Rules for a Jon Boat

Mattnc28655

I just bought a 10 ft Jon Boat to use on the river and occasionally the lake. What items lights etc do i HAVE to have to be able to fish legally. I only have a trolling motor on the boat. Let me know all is appreciated.

To use the trolling motor you have to have the boat registered with Wildlife Resources Comission Any type of propulsion other than paddling No lights needed unless fishing at night You do need to have life jackets for as many occupants in the boat and the proper registration Thats all Im aware of Heres a link to what boats have to be registered and how to go about it http://www.ncwildlife.org/license/Vessels_Registration_Titling_Info.htm P.S With a bill of sale U have 30 days to register so just take that with you while fishing and you would have no problem for the first month

the only rule you need to know.....don't pull out in front of a bass boat doing 70mph and expect to NOT get verbally assaulted, or worse.

just a heads up....lol

You may want to check on the boaters safety course depending on your age. If I remember correctly anyone under 26 has to have a certificate for the safety course. Been there done that. I took the course online and it was a breeze. Cant remember how much it was though.

If I also remember what it said every so often the age will go up till everyone has to have one. Not 100% on that though. Something to look into.

Back