RTR or Kit?

WARRIORWELDING

Owner opperator Of WarriorWelding LLC.
My son wants a crawler and I'll admit so does dad. I like building stuff so the kits seem like an interest to me. He has a Traxxas Stampede but it was complete.

Will the Traxxas radio talk to other electronic set ups?

I want the ability to build other stuff and share radios. Chargers and batteries too.

I have standard 7 cell stuff I think with a charger that you can choose cell numbers.

My son likes the Axial stuff, I seem to like the Gmade and some of the looks of the Tamiya stuff for its specific vehicle scale representation.

Speed controlers, recievers, servos, motors, what brand, style, part# talks to what?

I like various looks and uses (styles) but I don't want to purchase a bunch of RTR stuff or different charging electro gizmo stuff if I don't have too.

I NEED RC FOR DUMMIES. Everytime I search I get entirely to much basic info and no good details.
My BIGGEST problem is lack of time to hang out with other enthusiast or go live at the hobby store for education.

What kind of crawler are you looking to get? A scale looking one or more of a competition one?

-Nope, traxxas is only traxxas. Probably better to look at a multi model radio like the DX3r or futaba 3pmx if you want to use mulitple trucks with one radio.
-You may want to switch to Lipo and charger. your charger may already work but would need to know the model
-Axial has the best aftermarket support and parts available. Most of the other companies in the crawler segment offer very limited stuff.
- Tamiya stuff has a pretty big following and would not be a bad option.
- Holmes Hobbies Torquemaster ESC is the one to use.......let me know if you need any.

Main thing is call Matt @ Anderson R/C. He is a great guy and will help you out with anything you need. Stay away from the hobbytown places for crawling stuff, they absolutely do not know what they are talking about.

Let me know if you have any other questions I can help with.

I recommend the FlySky GT3SB or the new GT4 radio. Very cheap (35 bucks) and the receivers are 7. You can bind multiple cars to the radio as long as you have a separate receiver.

Id recommend a kit myself. Best way to go and you will learn a LOT more. Like Zubz says, it depends on what kind of crawler you're looking for. If you want scale, Axial is a good bet. I have the SCX-10 Honcho and love it. HOWEVER, if I could do it again, I would definitely buy the RC4WD Trail Finder. Definitely the most realistic scaler kit you can get.

I've just gotten back into RC. I have found a ton of info on rccrawler.com. I just bought an Axial Wraith kit. It should be here next week. IMO building is half the fun.

I am going with either the FlySky GT3B or GT3C radio myself. They can be hacked to run 6+ channels, are cheap and so are the rx.

I ordered a Holmes esc and 13t crawl master motor for it.

You'll love it.

Back