Revitalization of the ShitBox. V1.4

BigGreenMonster

Long story short. Life happens, and the ol ShitBox went to the wayside. Blah blah blah here we are. We have one dummy building a buggy and the rest of us were not smart enough to sell our junk. The wheeling bug is out and about and if i am gonna unload this junk it should be at least running... So here we go. Again.

Background, the ShitBox is an 87 Toyota... Mostly stock. 22re/w56/twin cases/ V6 8" axles/ 5.29's/ 42 iroks. A little more spacifics, the front axle is a stock housing but that is it. 6 shooter knuckles, 30 spline longs, 300m hubs, arp studs everywhere, rubber 5.29's, spools, V6 third. Rear is actually stock ifs axle. V6 third with rubber 5.29's on a spool. T case has Bobby's 300m output. Cannot remember all the specs on the engine. Semi stock rebuild, flat top pistons, TRD cam, 30 over... Blah... 22r.

Problems...
I was stupid or hard headed... Maybe both, but, I bucked propane back when I built the rig. Blah blah blah... No different... EFI is just as good. Well, I cobbled together a harness from a 4 runner, had a straight neck 89 throttle body, and several ECUs to use. Plus the beat up mass air box and the tps that was fucked with. I should have just went propane... But, I did not. In 2009 I redid the back end of the truck to clean it up. Put in a fuel cell, ran all new fuel line, pump and cleaned everything up. Ran it and then it sat. All that shit went to crap. Propane? Just turn the tank back on. Everything would still be good. So, here we are. All the fuel system, EFI system, and all unused wiring is coming out. Pulled out and un pinned. I cannot stand just having clipped wires everywhere. Probably going to loom and tape the remaining to make a new clean harness. I bought a got propane system from a guy. So, check... Good to go.
Problem 2.
Toyota alternator has got to go. I have a 140A power master but never put it on. Pretty simple install, couple brackets and a little wiring.
Problem 3
Power steering. I cannot remember what I did to the pump but it sucks. Need to upgrade to a decent pump and cooler. Again, easy fix, just have to get it.
Probably have a couple other things pop up. I will try and keep up with them. I doubt this will be anything fast or consistent, but I need to start sometime.
Uwharrie Oct 05 006.jpg
Mount Eagle sept 2006 025_1.jpg
River Rock July 06 085.jpg
Tellico Feb 07 029.jpg
River Rock July 07 (2).JPG
tellico daY1 003.JPG
tellico daY1 003.JPG
tellicoday2 052.JPG
IMG_3596.jpg
IMG_3597.jpg

First on the list... Got the alternator brackets, a complete block off set from LCE and a pro distributor with vac advance. I had the blasted the intake today at my buddy shop and put a couple pieces on the intake itself. Need to rattle can the alt brackets and hopefully install those and the rest of the plates next... After I convert the hood from a shelf to an operable hood again.
IMG_20200309_224435.jpg

Farted around in the garage for a little bit. Installed the block off plates, distributor, and the alternator brackets. Seems I have misplaced the alternator... I will have to look around more tomorrow and see if I can find the sum bitch. Here are a couple pics of the progress. I have already started thinning the harness, but I will wait to get everything installed before I finish that.
IMG_20200316_000941.jpg
IMG_20200316_000955.jpg
IMG_20200316_001030.jpg
IMG_20200316_000959.jpg

Back