Resurrection 2dr

Cleaned and ready for high strength Walmart rattle can black!
IMG_20181127_133918836.jpg

Progress! Got the gears and locker installed and new ball joints. Trying to get it hung now but getting the arms aligned it's a real pain. I've got the top links at the same 15¼" but they don't line up. I've got the chassis stands at the same height and a set of stands under the axle tubes at the same hight so... it should be parallel. The top links should be the same but one needs to be about ¾" longer than the other to mount and not bind. I guess I'll go with what I think is right and adjust it later if it's undrivable.
IMG_20181202_133752682.jpg

Had one job.
20181201_142719.jpg

Did someone come & take your XJ?
Sure hope the above picture indicates that you got your XJ out the garage and under its own power
Congrats on getting it going

Spent the day putting the XJ back together and went for a short trip down the street. This is the first I've driven it and it runs pretty good. I never went over 35 yet thought. I don't have any front shocks installed because I left the bolts on the old front axle and I still need to get a sway bar and links for the front and fab up a mount for it.
IMG_20181202_233531531.jpg

Spent the day putting the XJ back together and went for a short trip down the street. This is the first I've driven it and it runs pretty good. I never went over 35 yet thought. I don't have any front shocks installed because I left the bolts on the old front axle and I still need to get a sway bar and links for the front and fab up a mount for it.View attachment 281339

Shocks and sway bars are for pussies.

I like the plate.
Need to spend some time on the trails to make the plate and the Jeep align.
Give me time, just got it street legal this week! Going to test it out Sunday on old hwy 105 Sunday if we get snow. Hopefully no rash though I still need to make sliders and get some extra armor under the tank.

How did it do in the snow?
Flawlessly. The locked front and open rear kept me from sliding all over the road and because the front was locked it pulled whichever direction the tires were pointed. I aired the tires down to 22psi. We passed people on the interstate through the virgin snow like it was nothing. I can't think of a single complaint for a Maiden voyage.

I dig it for sure and glad to see it on the road and getting after it. I had a ‘97 that was the same color and had almost the same “sunburn” yours does. I miss mine bad but looking forward to my new build. Wish I could have played with mine in the snow though.

My XJ did well on flat ground, but poorly uphill. Granted, we have a metric poo ton of snow and a steep road to our house
Locked at both ends and a fresh set of street oriented all terrains disappointed a little bit.
I've driven plenty of locked rigs in snow, maybe it's just the tires holding it back?
Well see in the AM when my wife tries to pull my XJ home with her ZJ on 32 BFG ATs...

My XJ did well on flat ground, but poorly uphill. Granted, we have a metric poo ton of snow and a steep road to our house
Locked at both ends and a fresh set of street oriented all terrains disappointed a little bit.
I've driven plenty of locked rigs in snow, maybe it's just the tires holding it back?
Well see in the AM when my wife tries to pull my XJ home with her ZJ on 32 BFG ATs...
What AT’s are you running ?

Maybe a rubber compound issue? Friend of mine at home (Northern Michigan) runs Toyo AT and loves em. On the other hand the amount of snow you got could clog up any pattern depending on how wet or Ivey it is.

Same issue here. kendra kevlar about 31" tall, along with 4:10 gears and a 4.7 stroker. I bounced from rut to rut and every time I gave a little gas it would just spin.

I like this Jeep. How long before you sell it to @Willc ? :D

Interesting experience with the front locker. I ran a lunchbox up front in my yj and it was scary in the snow. It understeered constantly, but not enough to make it predictable.

I’ve got the same problem as Jeff and Jody currently, I catch every rut and have traction issues. I’m open front, limited slip rear. I have 31” Falken at3s which were supposed to be awesome in snow/ice. They were great when they were new but at 70% they suck dog balls.

I like this Jeep. How long before you sell it to @Willc ? :D

Interesting experience with the front locker. I ran a lunchbox up front in my yj and it was scary in the snow. It understeered constantly, but not enough to make it predictable.

I’ve got the same problem as Jeff and Jody currently, I catch every rut and have traction issues. I’m open front, limited slip rear. I have 31” Falken at3s which were supposed to be awesome in snow/ice. They were great when they were new but at 70% they suck dog balls.
Everything has a price, and right now it's $7500!

Question for those having traction issues, are you running any dead weight over the rear axle to help track it to the ground? Also how wide of tires? Pizza cutters FTW!!

Back