renting out a tow rig...

bigwaylon

just wondering...

I've been looking at buying a tow rig of some kind...because it's not something that's easy to borrow...

looking at either a pickup/trailer combo, or just a flat-bed/dovetail setup...

considering the option of buying one and then trying to keep it rented out when I don't need it...

would people that don't have one be willing to pay $50/day or $100/weekend or $200-$250/week to rent one out?

I know cheap car hauler trailers from U-Haul go for $50/day...but then you'd have to have a tow rig as well...

just thinking if I could cover 50%-75% of the payment each month, I could justify it a lot easier to buy a rig that would only be used once every 4-6 weeks...

Greg

thats not a bad idea greg the only rill thang i would worry about is up keep people dont allways take care of somethang thay rent trust me my family is in the bike rental thang down at the beach :confused:

Check into the insurance needs as well. Neighbor borrowed mine ( trailor) and totaled it. He had collision insurance, I had none on the trailor. His insurance paid $500 per NC insurance statutes. Definatly have insurance on your trailor.

i dont think i would do it. you can buy a tow rig for under 5k all day long. i will let only a handful of people use my rig or buggy. but each of those guys that i would let use it are responsible. as well each have the means to fix what the break. chris, mazer, andy, limpy all have the ability to fix what they break. therefor i would have no problem with any of them using my stuff. i think it would be hard to let someone take my stuff reguardless of the monitary reward if i didnt know or trust them.

bigwaylon said:
just wondering...

I've been looking at buying a tow rig of some kind...because it's not something that's easy to borrow...

looking at either a pickup/trailer combo, or just a flat-bed/dovetail setup...

considering the option of buying one and then trying to keep it rented out when I don't need it...

would people that don't have one be willing to pay $50/day or $100/weekend or $200-$250/week to rent one out?

I know cheap car hauler trailers from U-Haul go for $50/day...but then you'd have to have a tow rig as well...

just thinking if I could cover 50%-75% of the payment each month, I could justify it a lot easier to buy a rig that would only be used once every 4-6 weeks...

Greg

not a bad idea, but how many people do u trust with ur tow rig and ur trailer. enough to cover the rest of the monthly pavement? IF something happens to u could be at a loss, or at an inconvience if u needed it and someone else has broke it.

the issues with the trailer are the reason I'm really looking into a flatbed/dovetail type setup...

figure I might find a couple people on here that might want to use it every once in a while just to cover some of the cost...almost like several people getting together to buy one, just not having to worry about who gets the title...

Greg

Back