REMOVAL & INSTALLATION Engines and tons of other stuff. (Most engines)

Just for referance, the info there is pretty generic, having you go thru many steps you do not need to to accomplish the said task (intake removal is not required for engine removal on the 22R or 22RE for an example)

Dunno what you are attempting to do, but that isn't bad for basic info.

Not really doing anything yet. But educating myself and thought others as ignorant as myself about Toyota might find usefull. Soon hopefully, a lift, 33's, and who knows what else. Just glad there are forums on the web to learn. If you look on the right side of the web page you will see tons of other links as well. Thought I might have found a gold mine :)

Best thing I can tell you, read all you want, but OBSERVE and follow wires and such BEFORE you actually do anything. look how things are put together.

Many manuals (incluing the factory manual) will have you driving across town to go around the block, sometimes for the simplest things.

the more time you spend prepping and knowing where things are, the easier time you will have, also many will only offer "generic info" as there may be several options for said vehicle, you have to figure out what pertains to your situation.

Best advise, look on Ebay, get a Factory Service manual (FSM) Haynes, Chilton, Mitchell have their place, but the FSM is your best and most complete resource, the Online Manuals are compilations of different sources, and many times misleading.

FSM is $$$ well spent. Especially for the novice

Kevin

Back