Rear driveshaft u-joint issue

So I headed back this morning on back roads. Stopped to let it cool off after about 30 minutes and got too worried about driving it more, so I called a tow truck. $185 later I was at the house (called then from near Cosby, TN). I think the t-case is ok, but I'm pretty sure at least the driver hub is about done. Granted it has 158K miles and who knows how'd long it's had the 33s on it before I bought it. It was popping a little and I am able to get a little vertical movement from the wheel. Wife's not happy though, so it may go on the market after this.[emoji17]

Not sure how close you are to me but I have a few used ones laying around too.. I'm in lincolnton

Thank y'all. I may take Jody or Logan up on their offers since I'm in Waynesville. Gonna think on it. Sorry for venting about the personal end of it.

Ok. Got the new driveshaft in. Double checked, all snap rings in. Took it for a drive, checked the snap rings again. Came home, snap rings still good. No vibrations either, angle still good, and in line with the pinion angle. I think things will be good now. The wife calmed down some too, so I think I'll be good to get new hubs soon. I'm sure some of y'all understand dealing with light switches.[emoji43]

Back