RE lift do like the ride ?

RAYZZ

Thinking of using the 4.5" springs from Rubicon express lift on my 99 TJ full traction 4" ultimate suspension lift . The springs I have now are to soft . I drove a rubicon with the 4.5 Rubicon express suspension lift breifly and liked it what do you think:driver:

the 4.5 springs are a bit stiffer than the 3.5's. the 3.5s will also give around 4 inches. if you want the extra height i'd go with the 4.5s but if you just want to stay around 4 inches i'd get the 3.5s. RE springs ride high, and the right quality with the 3.5s will be better

SPRINGS

Do they make the RE springs in the 4.5" stiffer than 3.5" ?. The problem I am having with the full traction is the springs are way scary soft I can bring left front tire off ground about a 6" at any left turn if I want .That can not be good I think they are way to soft its like they sent me the wrong ones with the kit.The thing is all over the road .:driver: I dont know I think I need the stiff springs . I have had a few people drive this thing and they said they would not get be hind the wheel again . help

I've got a 4.5 short arm. I hate it. Thinking about going to a 3.5 and flat skid. My 4.5 are dual rate in the front. I have the same problems on the street that you describe.

My TJ with RE 4.5" springs would lift the front tire off the ground all the time making turns. Thats why I went to leaf springs in the rear fixed that problem. No matter what spring you go with I think you'll still have the same problem its just a TJ thing.

Too soft

Well I have driven a TJ with rubicon express 4.5" super flex and one with Procomp 4" and they do not any were the wild ride that I have . :driver: I dont know maybe it would fell better if I was :beer: I am still talking with full traction about the problem .Could not put anyone else behind wheel:eek: Does anyone have a full traction 4" ultimate system ( triangled system rear)

the reason people lift their front tires, and it is usually the left one is because they have a lot of lift on a short arm system.

a short arm lift puts a much greater angle on the control arm, and when under throttle and turning left, the front track bar opens up while the rear track bar compresses, and this causes the left front tire to lift.

a long arm lift will fix this. even if your sway bar is hooked up it will do it, in fact it might even cause it to do it more frequently

i guess rear leafs will the fix the problem also. it is caused by the taller short arm lift though. hope this helps

Back