Rausch Creek

The fee still exists but they are waiving it this year because of some logging going on in the original part. There is plenty to do on the original side and we did the NE property last year so I plan to stay on the original side and do trails we haven't done in a couple years.

A few pics from the weekend.
20150606_153129.jpg
20150606_111815.jpg
20150606_111649.jpg

Wow guys! Hate to tell you, you could have taken those photos at Crossville Tenn., & not traveled so far!:lol:
Looks like a great time, but seriously, Crossville looks identical [if it's still open].

I think it is definitely worth the trip taking buggies. There are 30 miles of trails there with many extreme rock gardens and hill climbs. There were people from all over the north and south east up there, but you hardly saw anyone else once you hit the trail. I think it would take 3-4 days to see it all. I personally can't wait to go back.

Last edited:
@rodney eppes honestly have no idea if Crossville is still open but it is about the same distance for me to go to either place. The only thing I know about Crossville is the club stopped going there over ten years ago.

Is it worth the drive from NC with buggies? We have been considering getting a trip together for up there.

Depends on what kind of trails you like. There are plenty of trails that are challenging. Jotters way, trail 5 hill climb, CV trail, shoot the moon, and there are more I forget which trails are which. Rock creek is cool (its very similar to lower rock garden at Harlan), its just straight up rock crawling for 1/4 mile its not that its overly hard for a well setup vehicle. But if you break its an all day affair. Also, there is the northwest property that I have never been to, and we didnt goto this trip, but i have heard its cool.

All of the black trails can be done with a TJ on 35's and lockers. Same with the some of the reds but there is a good chance that it wont come home looking like it did when you left.

Back