Random Thoughts.....

I stay far far away from poison Ivy and oak. If i touch the stuff no matter how quickly i wash it off I break out horribly. Every time I get exposed to it I break out in dime to half dollar sized blisters. Usually just on my hands and arms where I've touched it accidentally. Once i must have gotten it on my face though, my face swole up so bad I couldnt put my glasses on and my my left eye was swollen shut for 4 days. Ill gladly take a steriod shot and a dose of pred pills to limit that mess.

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Tapatalk

I like to grab handfuls of poison oak/ivy/sumac and rub it all over my chest, neck, armpits, etc whilst unaware onlookers are present. I have no allergic reaction to it whatsoever, so please stop calling 911.

I like to grab handfuls of poison oak/ivy/sumac and rub it all over my chest, neck, armpits, etc whilst unaware onlookers are present. I have no allergic reaction to it whatsoever, so please stop calling 911.

Then one day your body will say "screw you" and the reaction will kick in. If you really do that, it will probably kill you.
When I was younger none of that ( oak, ivey, etc.) bothered me.
Then one day it did .......... now it chases me around the yard as I mow.

Matt

Then one day your body will say "screw you" and the reaction will kick in. If you really do that, it will probably kill you.

Matt
It went backwards. When I was a kid I used to have bad reactions to plants but eventually built up an immunity. The reason I still spontaneously rub down with plants is to maintain this immunity. I've been working on all flying insects for the last few years also.

The reason I still spontaneously rub down with plants is to maintain this immunity.

I'm allergic to perky natural breasts (carefully balancing to the size/maintain perky ratio)

They make me break out in sweat and cause inflammation. I too take every opportunity to spontaneously rub myself down with them anytime I get the chance. And can outrun the boyfriend/husband/police

I stay far far away from poison Ivy and oak. If i touch the stuff no matter how quickly i wash it off I break out horribly. Every time I get exposed to it I break out in dime to half dollar sized blisters. Usually just on my hands and arms where I've touched it accidentally. Once i must have gotten it on my face though, my face swole up so bad I couldnt put my glasses on and my my left eye was swollen shut for 4 days. Ill gladly take a steriod shot and a dose of pred pills to limit that mess.

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Tapatalk

Try this if you haven't already........ Poison Ivy Wash, Poison Oak Wash | Tecnu Skin Cleanser| Tec Labs

Matt
I was the same way. I could use the leaves as toilet paper if I needed to back in the day. Now oh heck no. That stuff seeks me out when I weed eat.

I was the same way. I could use the leaves as toilet paper if I needed to back in the day. Now oh heck no. That stuff seeks me out when I weed eat.

Just one more reason why it sucks to get old.

I used to get the pi bad as a kid, but grew up surveying in the family business and I'm pretty much immune now. I'll swim in it, as I have to sometimes, rarely break out. Occasionally get a spot on my hands or forearms. Same with ticks and skeeters. Pull dozens of ticks off some days, no problems, knock on wood. Look down some days, 15 skeeters on my arms. It's mind over matter and a little dirt won't hurt. Exposing yourself to the elements makes you resilient to being a pussy.

The juice in the PI/oak/sumac etc. plants is what causes the rash. Most can walk through and brush against it w no problem. Walk back and forth through a patch of it bruising it/making it weep or chopping through a sea of it w a machete or weedeater etc and get the sap on yourself and it will rash the shit out of most peeps.................. When I was a kid a new neighbor from OH. tossed gas on and burned a bunch of PI and blackberry etc. on a creekbank on his sideyard, he apparently inhaled some of the smoke raking and stirring the fires. No shit his head looked like a pumpkin when they rolled him out of his house and loaded him on the ambulance for 9 days in the hospital........ The funny thing was soon after large chunks of his yard starting eroding/collapsing into the creek because he killed all the the plants/roots that kept the bank from washing away w his poison bonfire............all because he saw a harmless watersnake he thought was a diamondhead waterback coppermoccosin crawl into the poison ivy. ......................

Last edited:
ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH !!!!!!

At my first job the maintenance manager was a calm, cool guy. No one ever thought this guy could get riled up. One day I was going to his office and I heard this unbelievable scream. I ran in, thinking he was hurt, and he was just standing there smiling. I asked him if he was ok as I heard him scream and he said, "That? Oh hell, I do that a few times a day to blow off the stress. I just walk into a convenient area or go outside and let loose. Now, what the hell do you need."

I've employed that technique countless times over the years...

How many single people can be left every weekend somebody's getting married. I'm supposed to go to 3 in the next month one on Saturday and honestly I'd rather get caught in a juke joint on the backside of Dudley then go to another one. I respect marriage I am married but come on all these people taking out loans to have 30 40k weddings and then most of the people that go only get along a couple months out of the year.
From someone getting married in 3 weeks, this shit is expensive. We have a large family (all sided divorced and remarried) so its a lot of people to have there. We have managed to not need a loan, but have been given a lot of help with odds and ends and have been saving for 4 years. We started saving in high school for our wedding and have spent 10k to get what she wants, without a loan.

Random thought: Why the heck cant I wear what I want everyday, not just friday. Dress code is freaking stupid. I work in the back of the building and never see/interact with the customers. I do my models and make my drawings, what f'n difference does it make what I wear to get it done?!?!?!?!

From someone getting married in 3 weeks, this shit is expensive. We have a large family (all sided divorced and remarried) so its a lot of people to have there. We have managed to not need a loan, but have been given a lot of help with odds and ends and have been saving for 4 years. We started saving in high school for our wedding and have spent 10k to get what she wants, without a loan.

Random thought: Why the heck cant I wear what I want everyday, not just friday. Dress code is freaking stupid. I work in the back of the building and never see/interact with the customers. I do my models and make my drawings, what f'n difference does it make what I wear to get it done?!?!?!?!

Congrats man hope it all works out for the best.

We spent about 2k on our wedding. 1600 of that was the wife's dress. We used a buddies farm. My fil deals in antiques so decorations were free and a couple at church donated the food. I thought we spent too much personally. I just wore jeans and a button shirt. Our wedding was like a cook out with a preacher there. I've only been to one other wedding (my brothers) and ours was sooo much better. At my brothers wedding I had to wear a suit and I was miserable and pissed off about it the whole time.

We got married at andrew jackson state park. It costs $2 per person to get in. Guy we know performed the ceremony. I bought him a case of beer. We have about $30 in it if you count the spinnerbait I lost while fishing before. We didnt invite anyone or tell anyone we were doing it. My mom was a little upset but oh well. Its what we wanted to do.

We got married at andrew jackson state park. It costs $2 per person to get in. Guy we know performed the ceremony. I bought him a case of beer. We have about $30 in it if you count the spinnerbait I lost while fishing before. We didnt invite anyone or tell anyone we were doing it. My mom was a little upset but oh well. Its what we wanted to do.

That's basically where we're at right now. Our feeling is that after 19 years and finally getting married, the only two fair options are to invite everyone or to snub everyone. So we're going to the jail, or wherever it is that the magistrate works from. No one in our families even knows that we got a license a few weeks ago.

Last edited:
Trying to get some work done today, i skipped lunch. But i made 2 quick trips to the store and spent over twelve bucks. Shoulda just went to lunch.

You're in the wrong career/work for the wrong folks.
I wear blue jeans and some kind of collared or buttoned shirt every day. On thin days or after lunch, often just a tee shirt. Our "Senior Scientist" often can be seen around the office in gym shorts and a tee shirt.
The only real rule is, no open toed shoes.

when VIPs come around, we just hide all the folks that aren't dressed nicely. I keep an old suit in my closet to throw on if needed for a 20 minute period.

If someone judges me by the expense/fanciness of my attire then I pity them for they haven't figured out life and happiness yet.

I couldn't care less what someone thinks about my clothes hair or anything. I live my life for God and my family not to be eye candy for someone else.

We both woke up w hangovers at the Seahawk in AB on a beach trip after living together for 16 yrs and engaged for 8 or 10. We both never wanted a fancy wedding. I called the local magistrate in Beaufort to see what and where I needed to get the licence/get married. When she woke up we "went to get breakfast" but I just drove past the 4 corners and on to Beaufort telling her I knew a better place to eat. She didn't figure out what was up until I pulled into the parking lot @ the courthouse to get the licence. When we got to the magistrate we found out we had to have witnesses to get married and there was a small crowd of peeps bailing out friends and relatives/waiting for them to be released who volunteered . When my turn at the window came the Mag. asked why me why we wanted to get married and I told him we had lived together for 16 yrs. He said " so now you want to get married and ruin everything? "
The Magistrate and the service was awesome, he had a very dry wit and add libbed all the vows like " will you still love him when he comes home drunk a 4 am etc. and had all of us laughing and crying by the end. All we payed for was the licence.

Last edited:
First time. Gatlinburg. Room. Weekend. Home.

Second time. Outdoor church arbor. Planned and did it all ourselves. Even the food and cake.
FB_IMG_1503705662311.jpg

I did build this in secret and donated to the church and suprised the wife. Been in several wedding since.
FB_IMG_1503705683200.jpg

We did the cake too.
FB_IMG_1503705704016.jpg

And the fruit....
FB_IMG_1503705732234.jpg

We put a lot of effort into it and very little money..........marriage can be described in the same way. Much better results.

I wear blue jeans and some kind of collared or buttoned shirt every day. On thin days or after lunch, often just a tee shirt.
Just a tee shirt? What do your coworkers think of this?

Back