Random Thoughts.....

Who came up with working more days than not?
If I could go back, I'd go to Dental Assisting school. Monday - Thursday. Working around what are usually really good looking women, especially the office my wife works at.

Who came up with working more days than not?
If I could go back, I'd go to Dental Assisting school. Monday - Thursday. Working around what are usually really good looking women, especially the office my wife works at.
... and spending your days with your hands in other people's mouths all day, without the paycheck of the dentist?
No, thanks.

I've often wonder WTF drives people to go into dentistry. My impression is, it's folks who wanted to do medicine but couldn't hack the lifestyle, and decided they could live with the whole "spending all day dealing with the ramifications of people's poor dental hygiene" schtick.

... and spending your days with your hands in other people's mouths all day, without the paycheck of the dentist?
No, thanks.

I've often wonder WTF drives people to go into dentistry. My impression is, it's folks who wanted to do medicine but couldn't hack the lifestyle, and decided they could live with the whole "spending all day dealing with the ramifications of people's poor dental hygiene" schtick.

Shit I’m a project manager and work all the time. My girlfriend works at an orthodontist office and damn near makes what I do

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No, thanks.

My wife has wanted to be a Dental Assistant since she was in middle school. Everyone thought she was crazy, but now that its all said and done, people constantly rave about the perks of her doing so. She works for a pediatric dentist (which from what I hear is the ideal type of Dentist to work at) and really does enjoy her job.
Every Friday off.
And even Assistants make good money. Do it long enough and you can make really good money. Go back to school for 2 years and become a Hygienist, even more money. All while not ever working close to 40 hours a week.

My wife has wanted to be a Dental Assistant since she was in middle school. Everyone thought she was crazy, but now that its all said and done, people constantly rave about the perks of her doing so. She works for a pediatric dentist (which from what I hear is the ideal type of Dentist to work at) and really does enjoy her job.
Every Friday off.
And even Assistants make good money. Do it long enough and you can make really good money. Go back to school for 2 years and become a Hygienist, even more money. All while not ever working close to 40 hours a week.
All bc nobody else wants to be sticking their hands in people's mouths.
If there were a plethora of dental professionals around looking for work, do you think the perks would be so good?

"Cheese quesadilla" is a Mexican word for crack cocaine.
Clearly you've met my 4 year old. Everywhere we go "I want cheez case deeeyuh!"

Clearly you've met my 4 year old. Everywhere we go "I want cheez case deeeyuh!"

My youngest leaves for App State in just over a month :( and she STILL orders a "cheez case deeeyuh!" any time we go eat messican

My youngest leaves for App State in just over a month :( and she STILL orders a "cheez case deeeyuh!" any time we go eat messican
Well yeah....those things are love. I can't make them nearly as good at home and I've tried.

Make sure to take her to Black Cat when you're up there. Though since the new owners "remodeled" it (spent nearly a year doing nothing other than tearing down half a wall) it's not the same. But still darn good.

I used to think it was bad before I had a child of my own to see little kids gets hurt and stuff, but now when I see anything that has to do with a child being hurt or killed/abandoned by a parent/whoever. It literally makes me sick to my stomach/tear up and want to seriously hurt these POS parents for the stuff I hear about them doing.

Hey my kids girlfriend is starting in a week or so....she's cheering and pursuing interior design. My son is considering another 2 at Western to get his Engineering since she's headed up the hill.

Hey my kids girlfriend is starting in a week or so....she's cheering and pursuing interior design. My son is considering another 2 at Western to get his Engineering since she's headed up the hill.

Not to discourage him from engineering, but I would suggest he try to decide what he wants to do with his degree after college. I would recommend going for the BSEE if staying at WCU. The BS in Engineering will get him a degree, but Im not sure how easy it will let him get a job/licence without a focus.

Not to discourage him from engineering, but I would suggest he try to decide what he wants to do with his degree after college. I would recommend going for the BSEE if staying at WCU. The BS in Engineering will get him a degree, but Im not sure how easy it will let him get a job/licence without a focus.
I've run into a metric butt-ton of project managers with big construction companies having graduated from WCU with a degree in construction management. Apparently it's a good program.

Currently studying robotics, controls, electrical, hydraulics, plc, and the related. Lumped into a 2Yr degree.
Megatronics was the catch phrase, the degree and 4 year has a bit fancier wording.

Currently studying robotics, controls, electrical, hydraulics, plc, and the related. Lumped into a 2Yr degree.
Megatronics was the catch phrase, the degree and 4 year has a bit fancier wording.
if he has all his general ed. stuff done, he could most likely double major in Construction Management, and Engineering. that would give him a big step above alot of guys if he was wanting to go into a management position in a plant somewhere.

I've run into a metric butt-ton of project managers with big construction companies having graduated from WCU with a degree in construction management. Apparently it's a good program.

I have heard that as well...

Make sure to take her to Black Cat when you're up there. Though since the new owners "remodeled" it (spent nearly a year doing nothing other than tearing down half a wall) it's not the same. But still darn good.

If you enjoy black cat, never, never, never look in the kitchen..........

Since we're talkin' food.
Slappy's Chicken today for lunch for the first time. ( Winston Salem)
Man ....... very good! ..... and the owner appears to be a left-over-80's-metal-head-skate-punk!

Slappy's Chicken
If you didn't get a double side of greens, you really did yourself a disservice
That's the only place I've ever had greens that made them like only a true soul-food establishment (or Darren Ferguson's grandma) can

Even if you dont like "greens", give it a shot

Back